[SOLVED] Webcam Not Working

janneskelso

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017
I know this has been posted many times, but I just can't seem to get this to work despite my efforts.

I have a AUKEY PC-LM1 USB camera that I borrowed from my dad, which has been working just fine on his computer.
When I plug it into my pc it is immediately recognized but when I go into the camera app, zoom, or google meets theres just a black screen, though the little blue on the camera indicates it is transmitting video.
The camera app throws an error when i try to take a pic: 0xa00F4292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>

I have tried basically anything I could find online:
Update drivers from device manager - it says its up to date
Research drivers for this cam manually - none to be found
Roll back driver from device manager - greyed out (apparently thats normal for soem cams)
Checked that 'stream.sys' isnt among the drivers - it isnt
Uninstall device and plug back in - no effect
Allow camera access in privacy settings - no effect
restarted pc - no effect

Any help would be appreciated - getting this camera is vital for the proctoring of my upcoming school and university entrance exams.

Thanks!

Solution
Does the camera still work (plug and play) on your Dad's computer?

If so, use Device Manager to determine what driver(s) are being used on your Dad's computer.

On your computer look in Reliability History for any entries related to the camera. Event Viewer can be used in the same manner; however, Event Viewer is not as user friendly.

Ralston18

Titan
Does the camera still work (plug and play) on your Dad's computer?

If so, use Device Manager to determine what driver(s) are being used on your Dad's computer.

On your computer look in Reliability History for any entries related to the camera. Event Viewer can be used in the same manner; however, Event Viewer is not as user friendly.

Solution