Webcam SPW-229 350K pixel, Spee-Shangai Industrial Co.,Ltd

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2018
Gentlemen, It's about a webcam (SPW-229 350K pixel, Spee-Shangai Industrial Co.,Ltd) that I never used, and the system requirements on its box says - Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/NT/XP. Would there be a way to use this webcam in Windows 10?

Thank you very much. Personal info removed

Many thanks again.

May 17, 2018
Gentlemen, there's nothing better,effective and secure than "Driver Pack Solution", anyone can install "any" set of drivers online (without installing anything) and with all security. Give it a try. Thanks for all guys.

USAFRet

Titan

Well..you can think that.
I, and many others, will continue to strongly disagree.

4745454b

Titan
Anyone remember when we used to use the K-lite Codec pack? Anyone remember the issues installing all those codecs would give your machine? (If you've only ever used VLC, you don't remember.) Driver programs are similar. There might be some out there that do what they say, but it's a risk I would really not take. Not when you can just go to the manufacturer's webpage and just install any needed driver. Why install a program and blindly hope it's doing the right thing? If it works for you, great. But I personally would NEVER suggest to someone to install a program like that on their machine.

http://botcrawl.com/remove-driver-update-virus/

Keep in mind they need to make money somehow. If you want pop ups for something you could have done for free that's your call. Again, I'd never suggest using one. (This might not be the same program you use, but this is common for that type of program.)

Status
Not open for further replies.