Question Weird boot issue on 2 separate Ryzen 3000 systems

Kriss0612

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Hello!
A couple of PCs I recently built with the Ryzen 3700X and MSI B450 TOMAHAWK/GAMING PLUS respectively have been getting some issues. They worked flawlessy in the beginning, but now have been getting issues when booting. When starting the computer, the fans turn on, but it doesnt post, and either the RAM or VGA debug LEDs light up. If left like this for approx 30s or so, the computer proceeds restart and boot like normal, with no apparent problems.

I tried updating the BIOS to the most recent version, which only led to a Windows asio.sys error when booted, albeit without the debug LEDs lighting up. I'd guess it is a faulty mobo, if it wasnt for the fact that 2 computers are having the same issue, and worked without issues for about a week.

Does anyone know what this might be? Some kind of system instability with the new Ryzen platform?

Have the same motherboard (b450 tomahawk) with ryzen 5 3600 and its annoying so far i had to clear cmos maybe 20 times. With little changes you will do in bios most of the times the pc wont boot and stuck to a debug led most of the times to cpu for me. Did you changed anything manually in the bios? Have you tried resetting the bios to default?

Kriss0612

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Wouldnt changing the BIOS version default all the settings? And yes, I can get to this point, as I said in my OP, the PC does boot, only it takes like a min for it to post

No reseting the bios settings does not change the bios version. I dont get your problem. Are you able to boot to windows? The motherboard is made to test all the components first the cpu debug led light test the cpu if no problem found then the RAM light up for a bit until you get to the BOOT light this is totally normal. If a led light a stuck to a point (CPU , VGA , RAM , BOOT) then you probably have a problem.

Kriss0612

Reputable
May 20, 2015
As I tried describing in the OP, the motherboard gets stuck on one of the debug LEDs, not the same one each time, for about 30-60 seconds, then the PC proceeds to restart by itself, and is then able to boot into Windows. The first week, it booted normally, aka immedietaly to Windows in a matter of seconds, without getting stuck