Question Weird Bottleneck

mrwicked650

Commendable
Nov 18, 2018
So i have a gtx 1060, a 8700k (no OC yet), and 8 gb of ddr4 2133MHz ram, single module. When i play overwatch , the gpu is around 50% and i have frame drops form around 200 to 140 fps-idk why the gpu isn t at max-( I play on low 1080p)
Now comes the weird part. when I am in practice range( if you aren t familiar with overwatch it s basically a map where u aim train but there are no other online people playing) gpu is at max (90-95%) and i get 300 fps. Network speed is good and ping is good as well( 30- 40 ping , 600 mbps in speed tests and arounf 60 actual downand speeds on steam and origin ) Is the ram causing it? i don t get it? I also get this in fotnite , when i am waiting 4 the battlebuss to arrive and the whole lobby is on the same pice of land my frames drop like minus 50 to 70 and it s really frustrating. do you think that changing that ram will do any good? Is it the proccesor or the gpu causing this?
PS : No themal Throdling, temps are good, mid 60s on full load on air. WTF IS GOING ON?!

mrwicked650

Commendable
Nov 18, 2018
cpu usage on each cores?

Sorry for taking this long, anywhere from 40 to 70 ingame, all full under load and i also did intensive testing and this is what i have found out:
If the cpu goes @ more than 40% the games starts to stutter, so for example i cant play at an uncped framerate higher than 144 cause the cpu will probably hit higher than 40% and start to cause microstutter, therefore it will feel worse than 144 fps, so if i try to keep it under that i will automatically get less fps ( that s not cool intel : / ) It get s worse in games like apex and frtnite where the cpu spikes due to more demanding areas of the map and there i get stuttering even at 144 fps. Is it possible that the cpu is unervolted or did i just get a bad sample, also can it be a mobo power delivery issue? ( i do sill have warrantys for both, the mobo and cpu)
full sdpec list:
CPU : i7 8700k@Stock
Coler : Noctua NH-D15
Mobo : Prime Asus Z370 A
Ram : Crucial 8Gb DDR4 @2133MHz (single module)
GPU : KFA 2 GTX1060 6Gb Factory OC
PSU : Evga BQ 750W 80+ Bronze

Last edited by a moderator: