[SOLVED] Weird Chinese Characters in Registry Editor - Should I Be Concerned?

richie021501

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
So I am looking at the registry editor on my pc and am noticing about 5 folders with these weird characters that I've never seen before. They look like Chinese or possibly Japanese characters. Is this a cause for concern? I've run scans with Malwarebytes and Avast and neither program found any sort of a virus. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Solution
So I am looking at the registry editor on my pc and am noticing about 5 folders with these weird characters that I've never seen before. They look like Chinese or possibly Japanese characters. Is this a cause for concern? I've run scans with Malwarebytes and Avast and neither program found any sort of a virus. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Copy paste them into google translate. Simple enough

10:1 it's a software driver for a generic component. A lot of chipsets do come from Taiwan. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen code in Kanji, or Cantonese. Goodness knows I reverse engineered enough of their "code."

Do you have the registry keys in particular?

Copy paste them into google translate. Simple enough

10:1 it's a software driver for a generic component. A lot of chipsets do come from Taiwan. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen code in Kanji, or Cantonese. Goodness knows I reverse engineered enough of their "code."

Do you have the registry keys in particular?

Solution