Question Weird DxDiag results on Screen tab

Jun 29, 2019
So I ran DxDiag to check something on my pc, and I went to the Screen page, and to my surprise, it has almost zero information on my graphics card. It only gives me the name and the resolution it's running.
This is the screenshot:

View: http://imgur.com/a/GL0QWjO

So, is this a normal thing or should I be worried?

I also have another issue, and it might not belong here, but i think it could be related to this issue.
I've noticed that my cpu, an Intel core 2 duo E6600 (I know, old and bad, but I can't really afford better stuff) usually runs at a 10% load, but if I start moving windows or scrolling down and up really fast in browsers and other apps, the load quickly goes up to 100%, and goes back to 10% when I stop doing it.
Could it be that even though CPU-Z and also some games say I am using my NVIDIA GT1030, actually the CPU is running an integrated graphics card instead?
I know that doesn't make sense, as the HDMI cable is connected to my NVIDIA, but it just seems weird to me. I've experienced lag with less resource-demanding games (like Minecraft) and almost no lag with more resource-demanding ones like MW2, Zula and Trove (maybe this information could help, idk).

I thought sharing my PC specs could help, so here:
Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit
2x1GB DDR2 Ram (i know, thats really bad, but I will buy some more, I've got this pc for just 5 days)
Intel core 2 duo E6600 2.4GHz (I want to overclock it but I dont know how..)
NVIDIA GT1030 2GB GDDR5

Thought sharing my motherboard could also be of help, as it could be an issue with the compatibility of that and the gpu, so:
Mainboard AW9D Intel i975-ICH7
Chipset Intel 975X

Last edited:
Do not check or compare the memory on the DXDIAG page. That's not accurate. Sometimes the system "shared memory is also listed, and DXDIAG tool is not the correct method to identify VRAM.

Always use GPU-Z. Period. Sometimes the info posted on DXDIAG is buggy as well. But GPU-Z will never show incorrect info about the GPU. Also, it seems you might be having a faulty driver install on your OS, and/or some of the OS files might also be damaged.

Post a GPU-Z screenshot.

Reactions: Deko03
Jun 29, 2019
Do not check or compare the memory on the DXDIAG page. That's not accurate. Sometimes the system "shared memory is also listed, and DXDIAG tool is not the correct method to identify VRAM.

Always use GPU-Z. Period. Sometimes the info posted on DXDIAG is buggy as well. But GPU-Z will never show incorrect info about the GPU. Also, it seems you might be having a faulty driver install on your OS, and/or some of the OS files might also be damaged.

Post a GPU-Z screenshot.
Here's a GPU-Z screenshot:
View: https://imgur.com/a/JDKyXQq
Faulty drivers? hmm. Well, I had some issues with the latest ones, so I wiped them with DDU and reinstalled some older ones.
Issues like GeForce Experience not running, card not being recognised 50% of the time and just a general lag. Also window dragging left trails all over the screen with the new drivers.

Last edited:
Bottleneck is going to be there, IMO.

It also depends on the resolution you are playing games. This system won’t be able to play games at 1920x1080 resolution very well. Some older PC games might work, but with the exception of eSports games, in most cases the GT1030 can’t comfortably hit 60 FPS at 1080p resolution. If you don’t mind playing at 720p resolution, the GT 1030 will do pretty well.

I’ve summed up the capabilities of this GPU, but you are going to be pushing the capabilities of the CPU as well. The configuration listed above will have a hard time keeping the GPU fed with data to provide reasonable frame rates at good levels of game detail. You would be better off getting a used PC with at least a Core i3, that will keep a modern GPU fed with data better than the E6600 can.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019
Bottleneck is going to be there, IMO.

It also depends on the resolution you are playing gamest. This system won’t be able to play games at 1920x1080 resolution very well. Some older PC games might work, but with the exception of eSports games, in most cases the GT1030 can’t comfortably hit 60 FPS at 1080p resolution. If you don’t mind playing at 720p resolution, the GT 1030 will do pretty well.

I’ve summed up the capabilities of this GPU, but you are going to be pushing the capabilities of the CPU as well. The configuration listed above will have a hard time keeping the GPU fed with data to provide reasonable frame rates at good levels of game detail. You would be better off getting a used PC with at least a Core i3, that will keep a modern GPU fed with data better than the E6600 can.
would something like an i5-2500k be good? im looking at something online and its 38$

Also, can you give me advice on a nice gpu-cpu setup? I don't need to play games like black ops 4 or battlefield 5, but i'd like to run CS:GO and maybe iron sights or battle carnival.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019
Your current dual core cpu is very weak bro. buying an entire new system might help.
as I previously said, i just cannot afford a new good pc. I can't figure out whats the best cpu supported by my current motherboard and chipset as wikipedia and other websites are kinda shady and I just cannot understand anything..