Question Weird freezing problem

Jun 25, 2022
I've had this PC for about 3 months now, and I've been facing this problem for the last 3 weeks. Suddenly at random times (for now as I can't seem to find if there is a specific trigger for this problem) my mouse, keyboard and headset completely freeze and stop working. I entered my PC once when it happend using Google Remote Desktop and searched around to see if there is something I could find, and here are the findings:
1- Everything on the pc works fine while the devices are frozen, I can navigate wherever using the remote access application.
2- Unplugging any of the USB cables for the devices and plugging them back in any USB slot causes the PC to show them as an unidentifed USB device in the Device Manager.
3- The mouse has 2 adjusment buttons beneth for DPI and Report Rate and when it is frozen they are both frozen aswell, I press any of them and the LED next to them do not change. Unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in still lights the LEDs but does not unfreeze them.
4- The keyboard has an LED on/off button and when it is frozen the button works fine. However, once I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in, the LEDs completely turn off and there is no way to get them back on again.
5- The only solution I found that gets the devices to work again is a full restart of the system.

I7 12700K
ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
2 x 8 GBytes HyperX Fury 3200 MHz DDR4
RTX 3070 Ti
ZOWIE EC1-B Mouse
Logitech G Pro Keyboard
Logitech G533 Headset

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age (3 months ?), condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

= = = =

First look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error code, warning, or informational event that happens just before or at the time of the freezes.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format may reveal something that started occurring about 3 weeks ago.

Watch for the appearance of red or yellow icons staring to appear at that time.

What error messages etc. if any do you find?

= = = =

Also could be that something has simply come a bit loose due to heat related expansion/contraction and/or vibrations.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

lf necessary clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Do not force anything: just wiggle and rock to ensure a secure seating.

Jun 25, 2022
PSU: make, model, wattage, age (3 months ?), condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

= = = =

First look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error code, warning, or informational event that happens just before or at the time of the freezes.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format may reveal something that started occurring about 3 weeks ago.

Watch for the appearance of red or yellow icons staring to appear at that time.

What error messages etc. if any do you find?

= = = =

Also could be that something has simply come a bit loose due to heat related expansion/contraction and/or vibrations.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

lf necessary clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Do not force anything: just wiggle and rock to ensure a secure seating.
PSU: New DeepCool PM750D 750W 80+ Gold, bought with the PC 3 months ago.

Regarding Event Viewer, I've been going through it after the problem occurs but I was super confused and didn't know where to look exactly or what to look for.

I am going to wait for the problem to happen one more time to check in the Reliability History and Even Viewer again, after that I'm going to look into the physical parts and whether there is some loose parts or not.

Ralston18

Titan
Event Viewer is much more cumbersome to use. There is no need to rush through it or expect to immediately understand it all. Just navigating around is a lesson in itself. Takes time and effort.

= = = =

Reliability History is much more user friendly.

And what to look for is sort of "built in". Look for red and yellow icons, patterns of icons, some new entry that started appearing 3 weeks ago, etc..

Again, the root issue could simply related to an informational event.

Plus clicking any given entry can provide additional details. Unfortunately those details may or may not be helpful. If even understandable. Error code numbers, when googled, may help discover the culprit.

However, such searches often turn up all sorts of links offering solutions. Usually pushing some software utility, registry edit - who knows what all.

Those same links are likely to present no matter what problem or error code is being searched. Be wary.

And do not do any Registry edits. Registry edits are very risky and should only be done after a full system backup includling the registry itself.