[SOLVED] Weird gpu glitch

Balkan BuraZZers

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
Hello,

So i bought my pc last year, everything was fine, and yesterday i played nba 2k22 and while still in the menu this weird graphical glitch happend, like top of the screen went gray with some kind of lines, and rest of scree like froze for a second and then everything went back to normal, i was instantly like oh no, then after that i went in game played 2 quarters and it happend again for 1 second froze the same glitch(i cant remember how it look exactly cuz it was like 1,2 seconds) and game went back to normal, and this time i did nvidia replay option to take a look, and the thing is on replay nothing happend, not even freeze nothing game looked comepletely normal, i switched off nba played motogp for an hour nothing happend, played wow for 3,4 hours nothing happend, idk isnit nba is it gpu or is it monitor, its weird for me that on nvidia replay recording nothing happend, does that mean its gpu or not, im really worried i dont wanna buy new gpu prices are crazy.
I used to have tearing in nba 2k21 cuz of my 144hz monitor but it difnt look like this, is this some weird way of tearing?
Specs: RTX 2070 Super gaming x
Ryzen 5 3600
16gb ram
Monitor is aoc 144hz

Last edited:
Solution
If other games don't do that then it's either coincidence it hasn't happened to them yet or it could be nba related. Try disable fullscreen optimisation under compatibility tab for nba exe.

If it still does it try install a different Geforce driver dating back a bit or latest depending what you're on now. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/ and manual search for various versions. Do custom clean install.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If other games don't do that then it's either coincidence it hasn't happened to them yet or it could be nba related. Try disable fullscreen optimisation under compatibility tab for nba exe.

If it still does it try install a different Geforce driver dating back a bit or latest depending what you're on now. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/ and manual search for various versions. Do custom clean install.

Solution

Balkan BuraZZers

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015

Okay i will try, also if video recording isnt showing the glitch does that mean that its not gpu or it can still be gpu?

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
Artifacts and lines do come from the GPU, it seems once you reach a certain temperature or frame rate or memory usage, artifacts show up, then the game gets a bit less demanding and they disappear. This could happen more and more in the future but this could also just be something related to NBA, you really need to try it on equally demanding games and see if they come back or not.