Question Weird graphics problem, disappearing GPU ?

May 29, 2022
Hello everyone. I'm experiencing the weirdest problem I ever had with my PC...First, My GPU is a ghost: With my GPU installed the PC works fine, I can play games and all; If I turn off my PC at night and turn it back on in the morning, the GPU is disappeared. Even in the device manager of windows, is not present at all, is just like it automatically uninstalled itself. It still turns on with the PC, the fans and lights still work but GPU is nowhere to be found, I have to uninstall the drivers, plug it out, plug it back in and reinstall from the beginning...During normal gaming (even with demanding games like MW-2019 or Tarkov) or watching movies it works just fine tho, so I'm struggling to find the issue here. It did that all of a sudden, from one day to the other without showing any problems whatsoever before (no screen glitches, BSOD, crashes of any kind)...

Second, My motherboard have and integral GPU (AMD Vega 8 graphics if I remember correctly) and this is where something even weirder is happening...I can play some games with it and works just fine (albeit with potato graphics but that's ok)...But when I browse the internet, sometimes the screen glitches out (From freezing to one random color for some time to white noise like an old TV). It happens mostly when switching tabs on Opera (or Chrome).

But the stanger thing (pun intended) happens while browsing Twitter: While scrolling down sometimes the screen turns off, and the monitor keeps switching from HDMI to Analog searching for input, like if I plugged the cable off all of a sudden. This happened only while browsing Twitter so far. While the screen crazes out in any way, I can still do things, I can hear videos if I was watching any, I can interact with the desktop and all...It does not crash or anything. The only way I have right now to fix this, is using the keyboard command to put the PC in sleep mode and turn it back on. It works but is very time consuming and pretty frustrating. I don't know if the problem is the Motherboard, the monitor or the HDMI cable, I'm out of ideas. Thanks in advance to everyone.

did that ........ twice.
then you have an issue with your motherboard's PCIe slot.
either the GPU is disconnecting physically or the board is just losing communication with it.
I don't know if the problem is the Motherboard, the monitor or the HDMI cable
regarding the iGPU;
it's very easy to test.

try another HDMI cable, most households should have tons of them around by now.
and try another display, any HDMI monitor or TV.

if this issue persists through both then you know it is the motherboard or CPU.
if not, then you know if it's either the cable or the display by whichever replacement worked correctly.

May 29, 2022
UPDATE: Cable and monitor are definitely not the issue. I tried to reinstall my old GPU and it works (I can play games, watch videos, movies and all and I have absolutely no weird screen glitches doing anything). But as soon I put the PC to sleep or turn it off, the GPU disappears again and will not work (Easily detectable because the AMD R9 280X have a green LED strip on it that flashes when working properly). I looked up on other forums and I found this solution (See image), but my MB (ASUS B-450 Gaming Plus) BIOS lacks those options...I also tried both PCI-E slots obtaining no results.
UPDATE 15:47: Seems that now is refusing to work whatsoever. GPU turns on the fans and the logo light, but is not transmitting signal to the cable nor is recognized by the system. Tried 7 times, never worked again. Did work like a charm all morning tho.
g75GOmY.jpg

Last edited: