[SOLVED] Weird Issue: Mouse sensitivity decreases automatically and randomly ?

Mar 22, 2021
Hello, I am facing a weird problem while playing games like Apex Legends and Counter Strike. I'll try and explain it in points below.
  1. While playing the game the mouse sensitivity automaticaly decreases and it becomes very hard and slow to look around and move the crosshair.
  2. The mouse sensitivity values in game and the dpi doesn't change. but looking around is very slow as if the sensitivity has decreased a lot.
  3. The sensitivity is not decreased outside the game(in windows) or when you press esc to open the game menu. The mouse sensitivity is all right everywhere except while playing the game (moving the crosshair).
  4. When i restart the game the issue is fixed and it occurs randomly again.
I don't know what's causing this weird problem any solutions please help.
Also i tried switching the mouse while facing the issue and it didn't change anything. only restarting the game fixes the issue.
Thanks.
Specs:
I7 7700k
RTX 2070 Super
Mouse : Cooler Master MM711

Solution
Guys i found a fix! Go to the steam settings and opt for the beta version of steam.
as it says in the steam beta group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta

Steam Client Beta - March 23rd, 2021
23 March - slouken | 34 Comments
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Game Overlay

• Fixed a regression in the yesterday's update that caused mouse sensitivity in multiple games to be impacted by opening and closing the overlay

Re0x_.

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
happends to me too. I tried some things but didnt fix it, maybe it does for you.

Change the USB port in wich your mouse is connected
Change the pooling rate to 500
Verify game files
Maybe update windows or reinstall the game(s)

Mar 23, 2021
Hello, I am facing a weird problem while playing games like Apex Legends and Counter Strike. I'll try and explain it in points below.
  1. While playing the game the mouse sensitivity automaticaly decreases and it becomes very hard and slow to look around and move the crosshair.
  2. The mouse sensitivity values in game and the dpi doesn't change. but looking around is very slow as if the sensitivity has decreased a lot.
  3. The sensitivity is not decreased outside the game(in windows) or when you press esc to open the game menu. The mouse sensitivity is all right everywhere except while playing the game (moving the crosshair).
  4. When i restart the game the issue is fixed and it occurs randomly again.
I don't know what's causing this weird problem any solutions please help.
Also i tried switching the mouse while facing the issue and it didn't change anything. only restarting the game fixes the issue.
Thanks.
Specs:
I7 7700k
RTX 2070 Super
Mouse : Cooler Master MM711

Exactly same problem here. Today i played cs:go and same thing happened.
Couldnt find solution, hopefully is a problem with game, not with my setup or something.

Mar 23, 2021
Facing the exact same problem since yesterday in cs:go. I can fix it by restarting but that's quite annoying mid game.
Yeah it is, and also today after restarting the game, it happened again anyway (after like 4-5 rounds). But i heard that lot of people got this problem, so hgopefully valve gonna fix it soon.

Re0x_.

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
Guys i found a fix! Go to the steam settings and opt for the beta version of steam.
as it says in the steam beta group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta

Steam Client Beta - March 23rd, 2021
23 March - slouken | 34 Comments
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Game Overlay

• Fixed a regression in the yesterday's update that caused mouse sensitivity in multiple games to be impacted by opening and closing the overlay

Solution