Question "Weird" issue with Dell Inspiron 15 7577

Nov 5, 2022
Hey everyone, hope y'all are doing great...
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 laptop, precisely the i5-7300HQ version, lately I've been getting a "weird" problem with its keyboard...
the keys (2,z,s,x) as well as the CapsLock don't work, but when I plug in a USB drive or mouse or basically anything with a USB port, they somehow work normally for some time, then stop again...
I tried to clean the keyboard and dry the residential power, but it was all pointless, I really wish you guys can help me with this !

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Check and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Try reinstalling your chipset drivers. If your trackpad is working, try uninstalling the keyboard from Device Manager(without any USB driven keyboard plugged in).

Use Keyboardtester and see if you can press all keys and if there are any depressed keys on the laptops keyboard. You could also take off the keycaps and inspect the key switches for any dust or debris impeding your keypress. I'd like to advise caution since there are chances you can snap off the scissor switches and render a probable functional keyboard moot. Laptop's tend to have faulty or failing keyboards either out of the box or after being in service. If the keyboard tester doesn't show any sticky keys then it's possible that the keyboard needs replacing.

Reactions: RifouLeonards