Question Weird issue with numpad key 6

thisism

Honorable
Dec 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

Recently I'm having issues with key 6 on my numpad keyboard (ASUS ROG Strix SCAR II GL504 laptop).

Just this one key isn't working, so naturally, I opened it up to see if there's anything suspicious on the physical side - everything looked normal.
Sometimes it would work after a laptop reboot, and once I managed to make it work by windows update followed by a bios update.

Now all drivers are updated to the newest versions, windows as well, I even tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers, but it doesn't seem to work. Other numpad keys work normally.

Any ideas what else to try?

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried working with keyboard tester, to see if your laptops keyboard might have some form or manner of sticky keys to prevent the key from registering? it might very well be a corrupt OS, to which I'd advise on recreating your bootable USB installer(after backing up your critical content) and then reinstalling your OS from scratch. It could even be that the keyboard itself is faulty/failing.

Could you pass on the BIOS version you're on at this moment of time?

thisism

Honorable
Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for the response!

I tried the keyboard tester you linked, but nothing new happens, all buttons work except numpad 6 (with numlock on or off, doesn't matter).

My bios version is GL504GV.310

If nothing else helps, I guess reinstalling OS has to help, but I'm trying to avoid it if possible :D