hbplus

Honorable
Oct 28, 2016
Hello you all.

I wasn't able to hang my tv on the wall bcoz it doesn't have hdmi on its sides. Also usb on the TV doesn't give enough juice to the stick.
Anways I've been using the stick without any problems. I decided to buy a new hdmi extender so I can hang the TV on the wall (bcoz I couldn't find the cable came with it.) Then it started to giving me either "connected, no Internet" error or trying to connect forever. I thought it was bcoz I unplugged it for a long time and the date needed to be set but it wasn't that. After resetting the modem and everything I was frustrated and wanted to watch something after a long day. When I hold or touch the stick the problem was solved but how ?

Anyways I plugged the stick directly to the TV and everything went back to normal. After few days now I say this interference might happen bcoz or the same electric line everything was connected and powered the stick with a xiaomi powerbank. Vala now it works with the random hdmi extender.
AFTER
I connected to the WiFi with my phone and opened its hot-spot. I connected the Mi tv stick to the this phone's hot-spot and then disconnected.
Then I tried to connected to the WiFi with the Mi tv stick and it did connect and Internet is working. But once I turned everything off and on again all problem repeated. Now this solution doesn't work again.

SUMMARY:
1- When I physically touch the Mi TV Stick + it's on hdmi extender + connected to the home WiFi + power is from mutual outlet for the stick.
2- when I get the power for the stick from powerbank not from the outlet where WiFi and tv and everything is connected. + hdmi extender
3- NO hdmi extender = everything works fine
4- one time solution was connecting the phone to the home WiFi and sharing it with the stick and then disabling the hot-spot and connecting the stick to the home WiFi. After shutting down everything and turning them on again this is gone and I repeat it but doesn't work no more.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
The problem being that you need a permanent/lasting power source for the USB stick? - Correct?

USB stick - make and model?

This power bank?

Xiaomi Power bank

And you are plugging that USB "stick" into the power bank via a USB port to get power for the stick. And the power bank runs down and needs to be recharged.

Is it is possible to just get an independently powered USB hub (a hub with its own plugged in power supply) and use the hub instead of the power bank.

For example (not a recommendation or endorsement):

Independently powered USB hub

There are many similar products available. Just be sure that the hub has its' own power source.

hbplus

Honorable
Oct 28, 2016
The problem being that you need a permanent/lasting power source for the USB stick? - Correct?

USB stick - make and model?

This power bank?

Xiaomi Power bank

And you are plugging that USB "stick" into the power bank via a USB port to get power for the stick. And the power bank runs down and needs to be recharged.

Is it is possible to just get an independently powered USB hub (a hub with its own plugged in power supply) and use the hub instead of the power bank.

For example (not a recommendation or endorsement):

Independently powered USB hub

There are many similar products available. Just be sure that the hub has its' own power source.
You didn't understand the situation. Pls reread it