Weird Newegg redirecting system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhzdkql

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
When I click on a link to newegg it goes to a website:

www.anrdoezrs.net/click-3938566-10446076?sid=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newegg.com%2FProduct%2FProduct.aspx%3FItem%3DN82E16811854012

I am trying to get to this website:

www.newegg.com/Common/AdvancedLinkLanding.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker%2C+LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newegg.com%2FProduct%2FProduct.aspx%3FItem%3DN82E16811854012&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker%2C+LLC

Is it normal that instead of going to newegg it stops at that anrdoezrs website? I thought that it was some sort of malware so I'm asking here.

Thanks!

Jhzdkql

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Found out that it does that only when I use a link that I use from Facebook is that weird? Do you think my Facebook is infected? If yes how do I get rid of it?

Jhzdkql

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
I did a search and found this:

Hi gpaladi,

Click > Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs (if they exist):

MP4 Player - Refer here

Once you completed the above, delete the following folder in RED:

C:\Program Files\MP4 Player

------------------------

This is most likely not malware related.
Your hosts file is blocking your ability to click some links. It depends on where the link on the deal site is leading. There are some poor reputation sites linked to on those deal sites.

We will restore to default MS Hosts file.

Download HostsXpert.
Unzip HostsXpert to it's own folder.
Run HostsXpert.exe
Click "Make Writable?" in the upper left corner.
Click "Restore MS Hosts file" and then click OK.
Close HostsXpert.

Please let me know if you still having the problem described in Post 1

Jhzdkql

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Well... the first one didn't help but updated my java helped. :D And on my phone it only does on the "Facebook browser" which has java from long time ago so I can't update the java in that browser but I really appreciate your help. Such a simple solution only had to update my java. And on my phone... well I think I will have to live with it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.