[SOLVED] Weird noise from motherboard vrm section...

royrakesh

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2015
Hello,
I just build my new pc couple of days ago with 11400f cpu, Asus Tuf gaming B560m plus, Corsair 16 gb ram, Cooler master Mwe 550 v2 psu. I'm noticing some high frequency humming/scratching noise coming from motherboard vrm/cpu area. It gets slightly louder when i use cpu heavy apps like filmora, photshop etc. No noise in 100% cpu load though. What should i do? is it normal...

Solution
Are you sure it's coming from the VRM area? Can you narrow down the source of the noise? You can do so by rolling a sheet of A4 paper into a cylinder and then hold one end of the tube to your ear and use the other end as a probe. Also, what GPU are you working with(your processor doesn't have an iGPU)? Link to your PSU? Age of the unit? BIOS version on your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Are you sure it's coming from the VRM area? Can you narrow down the source of the noise? You can do so by rolling a sheet of A4 paper into a cylinder and then hold one end of the tube to your ear and use the other end as a probe. Also, what GPU are you working with(your processor doesn't have an iGPU)? Link to your PSU? Age of the unit? BIOS version on your motherboard?

Solution

royrakesh

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2015
Yes, I am definitely sure it's coming from vrm/cpu area.
I have gt 1030 only as a display out.(current gpu prices)
No link to psu.
Couple of days like 9-10 days.
Factory bios.(1017)
I searched on google about this issue and most of them are saying it's completely fine(coil whine). If i somehow replace the motherboard with a new one wouldn't the new one will give me the same problem.