Question Weird noise when fans start spinning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidekick99

Reputable
Dec 10, 2016
So whenever my fans start spinning they make a noise. This happens only when the fans start from idle.
I made a recording with my phone where you can hear the noise around 0:02 seconds in the video

Is this just a normal start up sound of the fans or should i be concerned something is wrong.

It's a Lenovo Legion 5 2020

View: https://youtu.be/IpncQwp3CEg

Reactions: Milad.h9999

Lutfij

Titan
Sounds like the fan is perhaps brushing against a cable or there's debris in it. Might want to open up the laptop and inspect for any debris build up around the venting area. As for the fans, if the temps are fine when the laptop is taxed, you shouldn't be worried about it.

sidekick99

Reputable
Dec 10, 2016
Sounds like the fan is perhaps brushing against a cable or there's debris in it. Might want to open up the laptop and inspect for any debris build up around the venting area. As for the fans, if the temps are fine when the laptop is taxed, you shouldn't be worried about it.

Opened up the laptop and everything seems fine ( it's a new one too ). Temps are good too, when i run some programs and the cpu gets hotter the fans start spinning. It's only when the fans start that they make the noise.

Reactions: Milad.h9999
Status
Not open for further replies.