Question Weird problem with laptop (stuttering and freezing)

LOLonPC

Honorable
Jun 11, 2016
Good day!

Recently I've been having some problems with my laptop. In some games (mostly in Gunfire Reborn and Fall Guys) I've been having weird stutters. I have stable 144fps in both games since they're really not that hard to run, both have a cartoony art style. But, while playing, I would experience drops to 1 fps for like a second or 2 (basically a freeze) and then it would go back to 144fps.

The weird thing is that I've tried playing some more demanding games like No Mans Sky, Hyper Scape, Soul Calibur 6 and Subnautica and they all run smooth with no drops.

I really don't know what to do, I've tried updating and reinsalling drivers, did 3DMark test and would get about 5600 score every time (which is amazing because the results are same as when I got the laptop a year a go).

This is the laptop that I have - https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/acer-predator-helios-300-2019

I'm willing to try anything, I just hope I won't have to do a factory reset or buy new parts.

Thank you in advance, have a nice day!

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your laptop. Then check and see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. If you're on a version prior to 2004, update the OS. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall them using the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

LOLonPC

Honorable
Jun 11, 2016
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your laptop. Then check and see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. If you're on a version prior to 2004, update the OS. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall them using the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
I tired it and, unfortuantely, it didn't work.
I started up Modern Warfare (2019) to see how it works and it works perfectly! Played 2 rounds and FPS was around 70-80 with 0 stuttering or freezes.
I'm not sure why I can run high-end games with no problems, but when it comes to the cartoony style games (Fall Guys and Gunfire Reborn) it gives me stutters and freezes...