weird problem with windows in win 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipping-Bear

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
since i upgraded to 10 i have been having a weird problem with open windows if i have a program that opens the window to my downloads ill go to click on the window and it will close and reopen to the same window has anyone has this problem?

Solution
Well, there is certainly a known bug that causes strange behavior of Windows Explorer.

In the settings for Windows Explorer, in the Folder Options, if "Launch folder windows in a separate process" is selected, Windows 10 will open multiple folder windows then sometimes quickly close one of them. Not sure if what you're trying to describe is related to this bug or not. Unchecking the option will solve the problem, but it's a pretty pathetically sad workaround to something Microsoft has had properly working for years.
Well, there is certainly a known bug that causes strange behavior of Windows Explorer.

In the settings for Windows Explorer, in the Folder Options, if "Launch folder windows in a separate process" is selected, Windows 10 will open multiple folder windows then sometimes quickly close one of them. Not sure if what you're trying to describe is related to this bug or not. Unchecking the option will solve the problem, but it's a pretty pathetically sad workaround to something Microsoft has had properly working for years.

Solution

Skipping-Bear

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

thanks ill try this

Status
Not open for further replies.