[SOLVED] Weird question, but do these pins show any damage?

Mar 24, 2022
Hello,

So I purchased a 2nd hand motherboard, when I got it in first thing I did was inspect the pins of the 1151 socket.

I noticed a group of 5 pins were slightly bent to the left, since I got the motherboard price cheaper than average I didn't really complain and tried bending them back.
Atm I'm waiting on a cpu to arrive, until then I can't test so I figured maybe I can ask here if the pins look damaged, or look like they won't make proper contact?

Also I'm assuming no-one can guarantee a correct answer, just here for thoughts so I can cope a little haha. B.t.w. the pins don't look perfectly aligned like the rest, there is a small offset but I'd assume that wouldn't cause a guaranteed issue.

I added small red dots to the affected pins, also when trying to look at the pins horizontally they look on the correct height.

HNzIHFn.jpeg

CqVuWgh.jpeg

Solution
The second picture looks worse. Is it a problem? I can't say. The gouge above the circle would be where I would concentrate my investigation.
The problem with tape is that it will change the height of the cooler in one corner. Maybe that is OK. I might use nail polish rather than tape.

kanewolf

Titan
The second picture looks worse. Is it a problem? I can't say. The gouge above the circle would be where I would concentrate my investigation.
The problem with tape is that it will change the height of the cooler in one corner. Maybe that is OK. I might use nail polish rather than tape.

Solution