Question weird sound noise

Oct 24, 2019
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask in.

My problem starts every startup in this new computer i got, the sound is unhearable, a lot of buzzes.

In a video for example i can hear someone talking, but not what hes talking about, and it stays like that for a while, until it get fixed by itself, but i can't wait everytime for the sound to get fixed.
lts just weird i can't explain it.

i did sound troubleshoot , its not about headphones, i used more than 1 and on many computers, its just in this one.

onespeedbiker

Respectable
Apr 13, 2019
First, make and model of computer; also is thus a new computer, or new to you? Assuming you are using the sound port, it's possible the headphone jack is not making a good connection. When this issue is occurring, plug and unplug the jack a few times and see if the buzzing goes away.

Oct 24, 2019
It's new to me.
i just tried to increase sound format hz, and its better now but still not fixed.
unplugging doesn't seem to work.

onespeedbiker

Respectable
Apr 13, 2019
I'm glad it's better, but it sounds like your mitigating the problem, not fixing it, but if that is sufficient for you great! Buzzing is often a grounding problem, and the usual suspect is the audio port.

Oct 24, 2019
Its better, but i wanna fix it completely, i can hear well now but still some buzzing.
i tried 2 audio ports, both the same.

Thanks for replaying.

bryanc723

Honorable
Jan 1, 2015
You could try using sound from a different source. For example if you have an hdmi connection to a monitor or tv with speakers and also a headphone Jack, try that to see if it goes away.
Another much more far fetched cause could be the electromagnets in one of your fans causing interference but I have only ever come across that with car alternators and radios. I would really lean towards a bad jack.

Oct 24, 2019
I did find an audio port in my display, but no sound at all.

Maybe it has something to do with my Windows 10 version?
since its 1511 now

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS