[SOLVED] Weird sounds with new AIO

Jun 25, 2020
Recently I’ve installed new aio on my ryzen 5 3600, the arctic liquid freezer 240mm AIO. Temps I don’t think are normal and idles in the 33-43 range. Also when I have the pc on wierd sounds have been coming from it that sounds as if it was dripping, but nothing is actually dripping onto anything in my pc.

Clip to the sound

https://clyp.it/kkxyjafu

Solution
new AIO's will have weird noises. they seem to quieten or disapear after a week or 2. also how do you have the aio mounted. ie.. at the top of case or front. .. as sometimes the mounting possitions cause this.. see "gamer nexus" youtube videos on aio mounting.
some AIOs are going to have the occasional gurgling sounds...

As your idle temps are fine, what are the temps under load? (CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU gives about a 90-95% load not quite as intense as a Prime95/small FFTs, but, more than adequate to thoroughly load the CPU)

Jun 25, 2020
some AIOs are going to have the occasional gurgling sounds...

As your idle temps are fine, what are the temps under load? (CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU gives about a 90-95% load not quite as intense as a Prime95/small FFTs, but, more than adequate to thoroughly load the CPU)
yeah nvm about what i said about my temps, but this dripping sound is weird

Last edited:

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
new AIO's will have weird noises. they seem to quieten or disapear after a week or 2. also how do you have the aio mounted. ie.. at the top of case or front. .. as sometimes the mounting possitions cause this.. see "gamer nexus" youtube videos on aio mounting.

Solution