Question Weird system problems

Jun 8, 2023
Hi everyone

I came here for your help since I can not figure this issue out.
Half a year ago I bought a new computer, build it myself since I work as a computer technician. Everything works fine and things ran smoothly.

Now since 2 weeks i've been running into minor issues with the computer.

- Games that I play randomly shut down without any error from the game nor in the event log.
- Chrome randomly shuts down
- lower fps, fps degrading over time, didnt happen before and after a restart they were back to normal
- Cinebench r23 multicore wouldnt run and gave an error, only single core was working

This was getting worse and worse and I've opted to do some troubleshooting. Below this you can find the things I did.

- Clean installed windows (Win10 pro)
- Full cleaning of the pc (dust, cooling paste,..)
- Did a full hardware checkup (all parts tested good)
- SFC and dism even after clean install
- temps were also okay in any stresstest
- Bios reset and update
- disabled any overclocking done by bios
- pc is fully stock on setting and so is windows

After all of the testing I was convinced that my computer was fine since everything came out good. Everything went great for a little while but now stuff starts to crash again and FPS ingame is also not the same as it was anymore... . The issue here is that in stresstesting the hardware is all within spec...

I am really stuck on this one.

PC specs:

MSI Z690 tomahawk DDR4
T-Force Xtreem Argb 4x8GB 3600mhz
i9-13900kf
Nvidia RTX 3090TI FE (FE because i managed to get it for really cheap through my job)
Corsair 1200HX 1200W PSU
Lian Li PC-011 dynamic case
6x Lian Li Fans
Lian Li strimer cables for cpu & gpu

I would love to hear more about what you guys think this might be.

(Sorry if my english writing isnt the best, its not my native language)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Clean installed windows (Win10 pro)
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Bios reset and update
For the sake of context, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?
We at work have a lot of windows installation sticks we use for our customer pc's and i used one of them.

For the bios, I checked which one was the latest directly from the msi website and I flashed it to the latest bios available.

Lutfij

Titan
We at work have a lot of windows installation sticks we use for our customer pc's and i used one of them.
Let me rephrase, where did the installer that's on the USB come from?

For the bios, I checked which one was the latest directly from the msi website and I flashed it to the latest bios available.
For the sake of relevance, we need the BIOS version, not latest. We've come across far too many people saying latest only to find that there's another version or two pending updates.

we use for our customer pc's
You build system's for a living. Noted.