Question Weird thermals after repaste

Mar 8, 2019
I received my Alienware 15R3 with an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 6GB that got repasted and cleaned a day ago that has been displaying peculiar thermal readings, especially while charging. When idle it reads anywhere from 50-60°C but occasionally shoots up to the 90s for a few seconds. Additionally, while gaming or stressing, the temperatures hover at 91-99°C, and this is an immediate temp. increase, going from idle temps. to throttling in a few seconds. This behavior is not displayed however when running on battery power. What could be causing this? It's frustrating because prior to the repaste, overheating would only occur after gaming or stressing for several minutes.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Got repasted, as in you weren't the one to repaste? Well, whoever repasted it could have used too little paste or didn't secure the cooler well enough. It's not possible to tell without opening it up, though. Just to be sure, though, the fans are spinning, right?

Mar 8, 2019
Got repasted, as in you weren't the one to repaste? Well, whoever repasted it could have used too little paste or didn't secure the cooler well enough. It's not possible to tell without opening it up, though. Just to be sure, though, the fans are spinning, right?
The fans are working normally.