[SOLVED] Weird thing happened with my graphic card and i m afraid it might be dead

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
I was just doing my play session and then suddenly the screen at weird purple patterns appeared in the game along with freezing, this had earlier happened twice with another game before which is supposed to be unstable but this time it happened with another game, so i restarted and then the desktop screen was like this: View: https://imgur.com/a/FqaxCPU
so i panicked and just shutdown for a few min, After that i started my desktop and the green pixels were not there but msi afterburner couldn't detect my gpu, Even aorus engine couldn't detect my gpu and dxdiag stated graphics device error code 43, worst of all,the rgb GIGABYTE logo wasn't off and i rgb fusion couldn't detect it as well,On installing Gpu Z it did detect my rtx2070 but the clock speeds were 0 and memory clock was 0, I haven't tried to open any games yet cause i m afraid of seeing fireworks. It's just a 3-4 months old gpu and has like yrs warranty(Gigabyte rtx 2070 gaming oc)
CPU:i7-9700k
mobo:gigabyte z390 aorus ultra
ram:corsair vengeance lpx 8gb*2
SSd:250gb samsung 970 evo m.2
psu: corsair vs650 (3months)
chassis:coolermaster mb511

Last edited:
Solution
It should not be a problem as you said but again I would send it back either way.
I wouldn't keep a new GPU that has shown some issues especially if those issues are usually related with a dying GPU.
In case you didn't know, artifacts, lines, discoloration are signs of a dying GPU.

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
This means that your GPU is almost about dead. The picture clearly shows you that your graphics card is artifracting meaning dying. Better send it from RMA and get a new card.
So as suggested by my friend i used DDU to delete the drivers and reinstalled them using geforce experience, It is detectable once again and the temps are as fine as before while except i m getting less fps in fullscreen than in borderless which I suspect might be a driver prob, Also, no artifacting(yet)So i suppose this was a driver problem all along, or should i still rma it?

So as suggested by my friend i used DDU to delete the drivers and reinstalled them using geforce experience, It is detectable once again and the temps are as fine as before while except i m getting less fps in fullscreen than in borderless which I suspect might be a driver prob, Also, no artifacting(yet)So i suppose this was a driver problem all along, or should i still rma it?
If it is possible to RMA it, then do it. At least that's what I was going to do if I were you. I would not risk it to have any issues if I wasn't sure that it was drivers related issue.

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
If it is possible to RMA it, then do it. At least that's what I was going to do if I were you. I would not risk it to have any issues if I wasn't sure that it was drivers related issue.
I tried to talking my retailer about it, they suggested to wait if it happens again before RMAing it, since i still have a long warranty duration, observing for a few days should not be a problem?

It should not be a problem as you said but again I would send it back either way.
I wouldn't keep a new GPU that has shown some issues especially if those issues are usually related with a dying GPU.
In case you didn't know, artifacts, lines, discoloration are signs of a dying GPU.

Solution

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
i guess i ll just play it off for a few days and then rma it saying it happened again