[SOLVED] Weirdest Mouse Glitch/Issue I HAVE EVER SEEN

chimchar

Commendable
Jun 28, 2018
Ok. Here we go.

Here's some extra information that will be helpful later on in the thread;

Every one of my USB ports works perfectly, I have a relatively new power supply/system, brand new mouse as well.

Here's the problem I'm experiencing recently, when I first bought the mouse nothing was wrong with it for like 3 months. Essentially when I click my mouse button too fast it unplugs and gives me the "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), I fix this by uninstalling the USB Root Hub and doing that update drivers thing as well. It only fixes for a little until I do the click thing again. I have another mouse that doesn't experience this at all! I click as fast as possible and it's perfectly fine, it's on this specific mouse- finalmouse capetown.

What I've tried:
-USB selective suspend setting
-Fast startup
-Device manager "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
-Switching different USB ports around

I'm thinking this is power related, like the mouse isn't receiving enough power so it's shutting off to save power for the rest of my computer, but idk.

Note: Sometimes this will happen without the clicking thing, it will just randomly disconnect and stop working.

HELP ME PLEASE!

Last edited:
Solution
D
And obvious answer is that your new mouse isn’t that great if it can’t keep up with the clicking. Test the new mouse on another PC and see if it has the same issue

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
If power related then disabling "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options might resolve it, but of course that would affect all USB devices. If you want to try it and don't know the location - Power Options>Show additional plans>Change plan settings> Advanced settings>expand "USB settings">Disable

chimchar

Commendable
Jun 28, 2018
If power related then disabling "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options might resolve it, but of course that would affect all USB devices. If you want to try it and don't know the location - Power Options>Show additional plans>Change plan settings> Advanced settings>expand "USB settings">Disable
Have already done this, but thanks anyways.

D

Deleted member 14196

And obvious answer is that your new mouse isn’t that great if it can’t keep up with the clicking. Test the new mouse on another PC and see if it has the same issue

Solution