Welcome Back to Alice's Mad World

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
The real Alice killed herself after getting pregnant at 14 by the psychiatrist that actually the White Rabbit. This new Alice is actually the daughter set out to track the rabbit down to reunite (with a knife) with her father.

Now who is more twisted? (BTW, I am this why because I played the original)

Cannot wait for the sequel.

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]bearracuda[/nom]Alright, I'm gonna beat everyone to the punch on this one:"Real" gamers play on all 4 platforms! They go where the games are at, cuz they don't want to miss infamous, zelda, gears of war, -or- crysis.They also don't want to miss this deliciously twisted rendition of their least favorite classic disney movie. I'm ready to stab some rabbits and rip some cards clove from spade!![/citation]

You are a total dick face.

G

Awesome. Too bad it is an EA release. Since I wont use the EA downloader on principal, I will just have to wait the two weeks after release 'till the game is cracked. Otherwise I would be happy to pay for the game, maybe even a CE.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Alice was one of the first M-rated games I was able to play as a kid, along with the first AvP. (It came out when I was 13.) I have great memories of this game and when I saw the sequel announced I sort of yelped for joy and hopped around for a few minutes.

Back when the Johnny Depp movie was announced, I was really hoping they would take more inspiration from the game. I still like the movie but I am really glad they are finally making another Alice game. Now they just need to get on track with Beyond Good and Evil 2.

eusebe

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
Men, please... this game is NOT based on the movie that came some months ago... it's the "dark/goth" vision on American McGee on the NOVEL (what? Alice in Wonderland is a book?)... (yup, some comments make me believe people don't understand that it's not the "game of the movie")

The first game was very good, I played it again a couple of years ago, and the visuals and atmosphere were still amazing.
I even think that Batman Arkham Asylum took a lot of ideas on the design of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.