Welcome Screen

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I know everyone wants to skip the welcome screen, but I rather like it and am
having troubles making it show up. It used to always bring me to the welcome
screen and I selected my account and logged in, but now it just skips and
automaticly logs me in. I've checked in user accounts to go the the welcome
screen and still nothing. It won't even show up with guest account on. It
only displayes if I create another account or put a password. I just want the
dang computer to stop at the welcome screen and let me log in. Can anyone
help?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi try this it should fix your problem download this
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fix_xp_logon.htm
and run it.
If it does not fix your problem go in the registry and do this

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\
CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] / Value Name: LogonType
Value Data: [0 - Classic Mode / 1 - Welcome Screen]
Modify/Create the Value Name [LogonType] according to the Value Data listed
above.
Exit Registry and Reboot
for welcome screen make sure the value data is 1 if this still dosen't fix
your problem let me know as I have another fix that might help ok thanks.
--
Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks

Matthew Senecal


"broinbrazil" wrote:

> I know everyone wants to skip the welcome screen, but I rather like it and am
> having troubles making it show up. It used to always bring me to the welcome
> screen and I selected my account and logged in, but now it just skips and
> automaticly logs me in. I've checked in user accounts to go the the welcome
> screen and still nothing. It won't even show up with guest account on. It
> only displayes if I create another account or put a password. I just want the
> dang computer to stop at the welcome screen and let me log in. Can anyone
> help?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

I do not get a Welcome Screen at startup:
Go to Start - Run and type the following command then press enter:
control userpasswords2
On the Advanced tab Make sure "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Del " is unchecked.

Also if Tweakui is installed, go to Logon - Autologon and make sure
"Log on automatically at system startup" is unchecked.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://bertk.mvps.org


broinbrazil wrote:
> I know everyone wants to skip the welcome screen, but I
> rather like it and am having troubles making it show up.
> It used to always bring me to the welcome screen and I
> selected my account and logged in, but now it just skips
> and automaticly logs me in. I've checked in user accounts
> to go the the welcome screen and still nothing. It won't
> even show up with guest account on. It only displayes if
> I create another account or put a password. I just want
> the dang computer to stop at the welcome screen and let
> me log in. Can anyone help?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thank you for you help. I tried both ideas and it still skips the welcome
screen and logs me on. To be honest it doesn't matter, but it's just one of
those things that bugs me because it worked diferently before and now I feel
like it's not working right.

"Matthew Senecal" wrote:

> Hi try this it should fix your problem download this
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fix_xp_logon.htm
> and run it.
> If it does not fix your problem go in the registry and do this
>
> [Start] [Run] [Regedit]
> Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\
> CurrentVersion\Winlogon
> Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] / Value Name: LogonType
> Value Data: [0 - Classic Mode / 1 - Welcome Screen]
> Modify/Create the Value Name [LogonType] according to the Value Data listed
> above.
> Exit Registry and Reboot
> for welcome screen make sure the value data is 1 if this still dosen't fix
> your problem let me know as I have another fix that might help ok thanks.
> --
> Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if this
> was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
> Thanks
>
> Matthew Senecal
>
>
> "broinbrazil" wrote:
>
> > I know everyone wants to skip the welcome screen, but I rather like it and am
> > having troubles making it show up. It used to always bring me to the welcome
> > screen and I selected my account and logged in, but now it just skips and
> > automaticly logs me in. I've checked in user accounts to go the the welcome
> > screen and still nothing. It won't even show up with guest account on. It
> > only displayes if I create another account or put a password. I just want the
> > dang computer to stop at the welcome screen and let me log in. Can anyone
> > help?
 

Mike

Splendid
Apr 1, 2004
3,869
0
22,780
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Have you gone to the display settings, screensaver tab, and checked the 'on
resume display welcome screen option?'. You may need to do this for each
user account.

Mike

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do not get a Welcome Screen at startup:
> Go to Start - Run and type the following command then press enter:
> control userpasswords2
> On the Advanced tab Make sure "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Del " is unchecked.
>
> Also if Tweakui is installed, go to Logon - Autologon and make sure
> "Log on automatically at system startup" is unchecked.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://bertk.mvps.org
>
>
> broinbrazil wrote:
> > I know everyone wants to skip the welcome screen, but I
> > rather like it and am having troubles making it show up.
> > It used to always bring me to the welcome screen and I
> > selected my account and logged in, but now it just skips
> > and automaticly logs me in. I've checked in user accounts
> > to go the the welcome screen and still nothing. It won't
> > even show up with guest account on. It only displayes if
> > I create another account or put a password. I just want
> > the dang computer to stop at the welcome screen and let
> > me log in. Can anyone help?
>
>
>
 

Similar threads