Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rigajax

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
My name is Frank, my trade is or I should say was Air-conditioning, I retired 10 years ago from Paramount Pictures. Being I did a lot of building automation and most new HVAC units were able to be controlled by computers, computers at that time was my hobby. About 4 or 5 years after I retired I gave all my computer equipment to friends. My main hobby now is toy trains and at this time I took a room on the second floor of my new house and with the OK from my wife I built a train layout. Many new trains can be programmed with computers so now it looks like I am once again in computers, only in a small way.

randomdsdevel

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017
     Hello to everyone here, then. I'll go variously by either my full username here, 'RandomDSdevel_WCFaWF;' 'RandomDSdevel,' its first half; 'WCFaWF,' its second half; or 'WhenCatsFoxesandWolvesFly,' the unabbreviated form of that last moniker. I've wandered over here to Tom's Guide and Tom's Hardware a few times in the past, but never more than casually as a reader of comparison and standalone reviews of particular items and/or item types I'd been researching for purchase when I did. I was most recently referred to the actual forums here from the Hardware Recommendations Stack Exchange's chat boards after somebody couldn't answer a question of mine that I posted there and didn't think would be on-topic out of chat. In any case, you might see me around here more frequently…or you might not; I honestly haven't decided yet, but we'll see.
     As an individual, I'm a 22-year–old male with high-functioning autism and a chronic-fatigue-syndrome–like neuroimmune disorder, as well as a job as circulation page at my local library. I've barely scratched the surface of computer hardware as of yet, as I've mostly been starting to delve into the software and programming side of things as of late and prefer Macs, which aren't nearly as user-customizable as Windows and Linux PCs when it comes to specs aside from build-to-order models. I'm currently mucking around with the LaTeX typesetting system so I can record some personal notes on learning C++ in the spirit of literate programming and eventually hope to delve much further into game and systems programming and design, the latter of which, at least, will likely bring me into closer contact with lower-level hardware fundamentals than my preliminary investigations of it have already. Aside from my extant amateur/hobbyist work with computers, I enjoy gaming and reading science fiction and fantasy works, some of that which I like involves LGBTCQA+, furry, and/or transhuman characters and themes.

rsumner93

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Hello,
I'm Robert. I have been a tech head for going on 24 years. I own my own computer repair business and a handyman service in Oklahoma. Imma true redneck in the boonies. I say icebox and warsh and pop. Haha. But I know a thing or two about most electronics. I network my whole house and enjoy spending hours trying to resolve software and hardware problems. I also run cable for Cox communications. Hey a mans gotta eat. I have a beautiful wife and the cutest 8 month old son who is already choosing electronics over food. That's my boy. If you need anything hit me up!

Little known fact. My wife is second cousin to Andy Griffith. And my birthday is the best because it is May the 4th be with you!

kerrydodd210

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

alphastrike2401

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
Hello, I am Rishabh. Well I am have a bit of knowledge about gaming rigs etc. (and some questions too). I have just joined this giant community.

alphastrike2401

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
Hello people. I am Rishabh. I too have a bit of knowledge about gaming rigs and I will surely help you out if I can. I have recently joined this giant community :)

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

That's really interesting

bashyourhead

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Hello guys and gals I'm Richard a 42 yo somewhat newb to pc's. I have a HP Pavillion a1330n media center edition 2005 and kinda need some thought on this oldie but goodie. i've been trying to install a video card on this thing but to no avail,,updated BIOS,,have windows 7 ultimate installed and have a 800 watt psu on it,,could there be something i am missing?

the video card i am trying to install is http://graphiccardsonline.blogspot.com/2013/09/xfx-amd-radeon-hd-6770-graphics-card.html

Not sure what to do and am hoping to figure it out,,I have 4 Gigs of ram but the cpu is the original AMD Athlon 64 3800+ single core,,I have a dual core on its way AMD Athlon 64x2 3800+ on its way.

The socket is a 939 socket and am wondering if there is anything special required to install the CPU and get it up and running,,along with the video card..
Thank you in advance...

ifelixdel71

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
Greetings! My name is Ivan and I just built my first PC by myself (my cousin did the heavy lifting for my first rig) and it feels great. It's a joy knowing exactly what went into it, how I managed the cables and everything. It's nice to meet you all!

element_69_

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
Hello there! I am Nathan, been using Tom's Hardware for many years and only just decided to create myself an account with you fine people!

kerrydodd210

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

jphutch86

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
Hello, My name is James. I usually go by Churchles or Church. I have been in love with computers since my infancy. I have been on this wonderful site as a visitor but do to a question I couldnt answer myself I figured why not place myself within the rank and file of those who share similar interests.

I love computers and gaming amoungst the realities of life itself. If I am not at work or out with friends (Seldom at best) I can be found wandering the internet for the next funny video or playing some game.

Glad to finally be apart of this wonderful collective of people.

palaniappan.k123

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
hi I am palani from India.I am working as a teacher of English.These attractive things are how to buy these things and where can we get it?Tell me can i work as a sales agent in your company?

vivruthless

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Hi!
I'm Viv, I've been lurking about for years reading many posts here in hopes of solving issues that myself (or others I know) have run into over time. In 2014 I built my first computer via Newegg!

Little known fact about me: I'm a certified Elementary Education teacher in the state of CT.

TRENDING THREADS