Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2018
Hi, I'm Joe. President of Tributaries Cable - we make high quality audio, video, digital, speaker and HDMI cables. If you have any questions about these cables or their functions especially HDMI post them.

Nov 15, 2018
Sure Joe, you are also welcome here... i do have some questions and will post them in the relevant forum sections

Nov 20, 2018
Hello everyone, new member here and fairly new to "building" as well. I just completed my first ever upgrade to my used laptop with not so much in the info area besides a lot of research. I started with a HP Pavilion G7 1279dx running Windows 7, Pentium B950 processor, 4GB ddr3-1333 Adata Ram, 500GB HDD. I went for a 2nd gen I7-2760QM processor as well as 2×4GB Kingston HyperX Impact ddr3l-1600. I bought everything on ebay for under $100, laptop was $63 on shopgoodwill. I ran a Windows assessment before and after the switch, 4.6 for the B950 and 5.9 for the I7. B950 processing was a 5.9, I7 now 7.7. The I7 is running 39-41 degrees at idle and 87-89 at 100% load. It's still fairly recent but I'll be able to update as I go. Main focus for the upgrade was to be able to run GTA 5 as well as automotive software for quicker live data streams. Thank you for your time reading this as well as welcoming a newbie lol

Nov 20, 2018
Hi everyone, am Ngoni from Zimbabwe. I am so happy to join this community. I love everything about technology, so I just discovered that this may be a perfect platform for me. Just hope I am in the right place :)

Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm Belle, full time student at SCU and lurker on Tom's hardware for a good few months. I always go here first for information, so I don't know why I haven't joined before now. I still know depressingly little about PCs and such but I still want to save money and optimize stuff for playing the latest and greatest games on my youtube channel. A little known fact about me is that I had straight A+'s in my 5th grade class. I still regret doing that.

Hope to participate and learn a lot!

Nov 28, 2018
Hey everyone, happy to be apart of this community. Currently I am the best with UAV systems (im a fpv flyer) and electronic components ( I have a AET certification) and I am a arduino hobbiest. I am trying to go into info-sec. Thats a little about me, let me know if I can do anything for you all.

barbarian0101

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Hi boys and girls! :). Bart here, new tech. enthusiast as also mobile phones and IT stuff. Hope we will get to know and help each other. See you around!

Nov 24, 2018

Dec 6, 2018
Hi all!

I'm Theo (30) and finally decided to build a PC for myself. I kept coming back to this site when googling questions about compatibility and upgrades for my first build so decided to join the community :)

I decided to get a Ryzen 2700 instead of an Intel 8700 because it seemed more customisation and a fair bit cheaper but am now coming across loads of tiny issues so if you've built an AMD computer recently and have some tips please get in touch.

Few things I've noticed
- Wraith Spire is awful to install and felt like I was crushing the CPU just to get it secure
- Temps and Voltage seem way higher than they should be
- RAM sits at 2133 instead of 3200 unless you max out the voltage

Otherwise i's been amazing and already thinking about building a PC for my partner but may go down the intel route as it feels a little more stable?

Dec 2, 2018
Hi girl that games. I'm a 54yo guy gamer. if you ever need any help I would be glad to help. What mmo's do you play.I used to play WoW but quit. I play Eve online, it's incredible! I am a hardware and network tech, (A+ and Network+)

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Wow, nothing like replying to a year old post. Just FYI this is Tom's Hardware, not match.com

Dec 8, 2018
Hello everyone ! Sho is in the building! A nigerian- metal savvy
In tune with creativity ,love modernity in computer systems innovations & versatility- that brought me here!

Dec 2, 2018

Well, I just joined officially a little while ago and I didn't notice the date because all I saw was Tom's Hardware welcoming me. I understand what you are saying but you really don't have to be rude about it. By the looks of it you have been here quite a while, thank you for the warm welcome to a newcomer.