Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

No problem anytime. Normally I am warmer but as a moderator I look for what may be "curious" behavior. Like how you would have found the one post by a "Gamer Girl", and then offer up an overly helpful slightly personal reply, vs... I don't know, introducing yourself to the forum as a new user.

This is a safe space for all users, don't do that again.

Dec 11, 2018
Hello! I'm Tony from Italy! Not quite the computer expert, but I like to mess a bit with them.
Found myself on here to ask for help, but been reading all sort of posts for hours!
You people sure are great!

Dec 12, 2018
Hello, I am James from Ohio. in my Late 40's not as smart as I used to be. I will try to help with what I can when I can.

Dec 13, 2018
I'm just a small time pc fixer and builder. Still learning always. I posted a question on Dec 13th. Still waiting for an answer. Have an Asus ROG Gl 55 IJM that up and died for no apparent reason. Died as in no power at all. Anyway, that's me.

Dec 17, 2018
Hello all! I love computers and video games. Now I want to learn more about them and how they work. Right now I want to learn about how to put PC's together. I realize generic computers isn't the way to go. So my first project is to build one to my own spec's. Then we'll see what's next!

Dec 17, 2018
Hello. My name is Roger. Over the past year I got the itch to build a gaming pc. I am currently in the middle of building it. I have all the parts but I'm a noob lol.

My PC setup is:
-Fractal Design Meshify C light tint case
-ASUS Crosshair Hero VII (wi-fi) motherboard
-Ryzen 7 2700x CPU
-G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200mhz CAS 14 2x8GB ram
-Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500gb SSD(gonna add another 1tb SSD later for more games)
-ASUS STRIX RX580 GPU(gonna upgrade to Navi or another higher end AMD gpu later)
- 2 NOCTUA CHROMAX 140mm intake fans(using stock case fan as exhaust)
-Seasonic Focus Plus 750W 80+ gold fully modular power supply
-Viewsonic XG2402 24" 1ms 144hz freesync monitor
-Ducky Shine 7 black edition mx cherry silent keyboard
-Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse

blackhawk2119

Prominent
Dec 21, 2018
Heyo, I've been reading this form for around two years now. I first found this site in computer class, the only real thing the teacher taught us what objects are called and HTML 3.1

Dec 22, 2018
hello. Definitely a newbie. I had an account but don't think I ever used. I'm not a techie. Or anything close. My SO always solved issues and bought the products and set up. I will enjoy reading about this world and learning. I learn by doing. So have patience please. I finally want to try a game Fallout 76. Set in my home state. So I'll start with the set up for that. If I dare ask a question one day.

Dec 23, 2018
Hey I'm Lucas 'Cair0n' Pauzies,

Currently IT engineer, I came here to learn and expose my hardware problems because I'm so weak in this part of IT business.

Many thanks to all of you for your knowledge about hardware, and see you on the forum.

Dec 24, 2018
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, just decided to get more involved. I have some rather unique background. Specifically, I have experience in networking, IoT, cellular, security, and programming. I have a lot of experience with cellular technologies including GSM, CDMA, LTE and more. I am an ethical hacker and security researcher. Please let me know if I can help in any way! :D

Dec 23, 2018

Hi I'm Kat. Ive been interested in learning about different phones and their issues. Mainly because either I've messed them up or I get one that already is. Right now my main issue is my LG Stylo 2 through Boost. I was told before I bought it it was unlocked. But it isn't.

Cotton512

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I'm Matt, I'm a PC enthusiast. Over the years I've solely used Tom's for quick solutions to common PC problems. But, now I'd like to get more involved with the community and possibly get more into the IT industry itself, professionally. My hear has always been with computers, since windows 95.
My experience has been mainly consumer based PC building. Never ventured into the IT profession; instead, I found myself working to help people in emergencies. I'm a Paramedic, and have been for the last 10 years. It's been a great journey and will be for until I retire; however, computers is where I'd like to grow further.

Interesting fact about me: I'm great at saving money! Best way to save is not to spend it.

richpixel

Prominent
Jan 3, 2019
I'm John, 43 yrs young and from the UK, I've worked in I.T for past 15 yrs, building and maintaining pc's, laptops etc for 20 years, along with 4 years tech support/repair engineer for Acer.