Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2019
Hey hey kids!

New here. Have browsed the forums for a while. Decided to make an account because I need some advice/help from others regarding computer stuff. Also hope to learn a bit more about certain things related to old computer parts and eventually building up my own device.

Do a bit of web design junk. Big fan of music and movies. Go to a few music festivals each year.

Not exactly sure where is the appropriate place to start a new thread asking about what old hardware I still have is worth keeping or worth selling (or even worth tossing/recycling). Any help in that department would be appreciated. Going to dig around and start posting.

Jan 27, 2019
Hi, I'm Nick, monitoring enthusiast living in Berlin and Cape Town. Any questions around monitoring pls ask!
Nick

Jan 31, 2019
Hello, I'm new here. I am pleased to join Tomshardware community. I like video games, drawing and image editing. I have built my computer in 2011 and now I'm close to build another one. Actually, my video adaptor is no more functional. So, my main upgrade is the GPU. I have issues when trying to upgrade it so I decided to join Tomshardware community. I think it is a good site with many helpful informations.

Feb 2, 2019
Hý, i'm nýce. Long time lurker, just finally signed up (despite much difficulties, as i was continually faced with a "Unable to configure verification page." message while attempting to get signed up via multiple browsers; Chrome, Edge, Brave) -- FINALLY Brave Browser allowed me through and I got the verification email so I could join you fine folks.

Happy to be here, as this is one of the premier locations for anything and everything tech related in/on the world wide web. Specifically joined so I could reply to an issue i'm having with my crappy mechanical keyboard. It's an entry level Corsair STRAFE with Cherry MX Brown switches that haven't even held up a year. Anyway, sorry to rant in my intro post. Thanks for having me. You guys (and gals) are a stupendous bunch.

Saga Lout

Titan

Sorry about that, nýce. I'll report it to the folks who deal with those occasional problems.

Feb 3, 2019
Hi There,
My name is Bernard but most call me Ben, since I'm a granddad I let them call me Opa Ben. I am a retired Navy Masterchief who's speciality was radar equipment and computers, I did a little programming as well, in C and Python. I still build my own computers.
Thanks for having me.

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
Hi there harrypnyce,

If you're receiving an "Unable to configure verification page." error on your browser, there is likely an ad blocker, privacy protector, or built in cookie blocker that is stopping our Single Sign-On Service from authenticating your login credentials. I would recommend whitelisting the login page and trying again on the browsers you were having difficulty with.

Feb 6, 2019
Hello all, new here. Name is Tyler. Got into pc gaming about 4 years ago. Learned to build my own PCs with the help of this site and others (have done 4 by now!) Work and live in the SoCal area as a geotechnical lab tech and run a few online stores.

This is a VERY belated intro.

I actually joined the forums in late 2014.... after having been visiting the site variously on either a regular basis, or rarely, since about 1998, if I recall correctly.

Yes, it was due to this site that I first overclocked Socket 7 era CPUs. It was also due to this site that I learned about 3D graphics, and ultimately picked up my first 3D video card. The STB Velocity 128 4MB, with Nvidia's "Riva 128" chipset.... the start of the Nvidia vs 3Dfx wars, if I recall.

While my first system was a pre-built (later on upgraded), eventually, from reading here, I'd cobbled together a few other systems from used parts, picking and choosing still working components from multiple dead systems, etc.

Somehow, I've managed to pick up some knowledge here and there, though, even after over 20 years, I'm still learning. Somehow, I also manage to give useful advice at times.

Feb 6, 2019
Long time listener, first time caller. I've been reading hardware reviews on this site since the damn of time. I don't use the forums much. That may now change!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS