Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 27, 2019
Hi, I'm Nick, monitoring enthusiast living in Berlin and Cape Town. Any questions around monitoring pls ask!
Nick

Jan 31, 2019
Hello, I'm new here. I am pleased to join Tomshardware community. I like video games, drawing and image editing. I have built my computer in 2011 and now I'm close to build another one. Actually, my video adaptor is no more functional. So, my main upgrade is the GPU. I have issues when trying to upgrade it so I decided to join Tomshardware community. I think it is a good site with many helpful informations.

harrypnyce

Commendable
Feb 2, 2019
Hý, i'm nýce. Long time lurker, just finally signed up (despite much difficulties, as i was continually faced with a "Unable to configure verification page." message while attempting to get signed up via multiple browsers; Chrome, Edge, Brave) -- FINALLY Brave Browser allowed me through and I got the verification email so I could join you fine folks.

Happy to be here, as this is one of the premier locations for anything and everything tech related in/on the world wide web. Specifically joined so I could reply to an issue i'm having with my crappy mechanical keyboard. It's an entry level Corsair STRAFE with Cherry MX Brown switches that haven't even held up a year. Anyway, sorry to rant in my intro post. Thanks for having me. You guys (and gals) are a stupendous bunch.

Sorry about that, nýce. I'll report it to the folks who deal with those occasional problems.

Feb 3, 2019
Hi There,
My name is Bernard but most call me Ben, since I'm a granddad I let them call me Opa Ben. I am a retired Navy Masterchief who's speciality was radar equipment and computers, I did a little programming as well, in C and Python. I still build my own computers.
Thanks for having me.

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
Hi there harrypnyce,

If you're receiving an "Unable to configure verification page." error on your browser, there is likely an ad blocker, privacy protector, or built in cookie blocker that is stopping our Single Sign-On Service from authenticating your login credentials. I would recommend whitelisting the login page and trying again on the browsers you were having difficulty with.

Feb 6, 2019
Hello all, new here. Name is Tyler. Got into pc gaming about 4 years ago. Learned to build my own PCs with the help of this site and others (have done 4 by now!) Work and live in the SoCal area as a geotechnical lab tech and run a few online stores.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
This is a VERY belated intro.

I actually joined the forums in late 2014.... after having been visiting the site variously on either a regular basis, or rarely, since about 1998, if I recall correctly.

Yes, it was due to this site that I first overclocked Socket 7 era CPUs. It was also due to this site that I learned about 3D graphics, and ultimately picked up my first 3D video card. The STB Velocity 128 4MB, with Nvidia's "Riva 128" chipset.... the start of the Nvidia vs 3Dfx wars, if I recall.

While my first system was a pre-built (later on upgraded), eventually, from reading here, I'd cobbled together a few other systems from used parts, picking and choosing still working components from multiple dead systems, etc.

Somehow, I've managed to pick up some knowledge here and there, though, even after over 20 years, I'm still learning. Somehow, I also manage to give useful advice at times.

Feb 6, 2019
Long time listener, first time caller. I've been reading hardware reviews on this site since the damn of time. I don't use the forums much. That may now change!

HCMJRASMAC

Commendable
Jun 17, 2019
Hello,

i am too a long time listener. Learned a lot.

A fan of this world since i very first saw Lakers vs Celtics somewhere in the early 90's beeping around... :dawa: and i still regret having destroyed my 486\dx2 chiuf..

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Hello I'm Joel,

Glad to be here. I have been brought to this forum via the Google search for a few months now for PC troubleshooting and finally registered. I like the interface and must say I wish some of the other forums I am a part of like S2KI, and Bimmerfest were as well developed as this one. Just here to geek out on hardware, gaming, and troubleshooting.

Dwin1992

Prominent
Nov 23, 2019
Greetings, everyone!

Name's Derrick.

Long time stalker on these forums; many times I google a problem, seems like you guys consistently show up on the top 20.
Looking to be a bit more active here and see if we can all help each other out.

Been a PC gamer since I was 8, ran my own quake multiplayer servers on my Dad's PC. He didn't seem to mind, and neither did his boss at work :)

Work part-time in a Warehouse and do IT volunteer work for various organizations around where I live, fixing browser & laptop issues and volunteering in a Electronic Recycling (refurbishing, basically) joint, wiping out drives and fixing used laptops.

Looking forward to helping out here!

Lee_Bo

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
Greetings all. Lee Bo here. I currently work for a large electronics company where I work with video walls, interactive displays, digital signage and making mobile devices work with it all.

Decided to register here after learning Tom's Hardware is also a Future site, as is iMore/Android Central/Windows Central where I hang out most of the time.

Dec 20, 2019
A big, huge, heaping, massive, gargantuan, air-water-nitrogen cooled, overclocked and pristinely cable-managed welcome to Tom’s Hardware!

We're incredibly glad to have you with us, and we hope you'll enjoy your visit to the largest hardware community for tech support questions and answers, product recommendations, and tutorials! To help get us all better acquainted with one another, I've set up this introductions thread so that we can get to know each other a bit more. :)

If you've just registered on the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a quick thing or two about you. If you've been with us as a long-time veteran of Tom’s Hardware (or its sister site, Tom’s Guide), we'd also encourage you to re-up on your intro for those who might be lurking about.

To start, I'm jpishgar, Community Director here at Tom's. I've been a community goober in game development and tech communities for well over a decade and a half. Like many of our experts here, I learned how to build my own PC in order to play the latest games and squeeze every last drop of power from my rig.

Little Known Fact About Me: I can flawlessly sing "Nations of the World" by Yakko from Animaniacs. Try me.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, and do toss in a little known fact about you! :)

-JP
Blumpy here. I just joined. Joined to get advice for a new build... my first.
My 9 mo old kitten bricked the ASUS laptop I've been using for 9 years by knocking over a perfectly good Jack & coke onto the keyboard. She is no longer welcome on my desk. Since then I have been planning a cat-proof desktop system, and using my Moto Droid Play phone as my computer... which sucks bad.
I'm 67. I just retired 6 mo ago from a company that supplies most of the aircraft industry's assembly lines with fasteners (nuts, bolts, rivets, etc.). I've got the time now to build my desktop. Here is what I have so far:
Coolermaster ATCS 840 case with 7 fans
Rosewill 750W PSU
Lite-On Superwriter internal DVD optical
Light-On DVD internal DVD reader
Rocketfish internal card reader
G.Skill Flame X 3200mhz Cl-14
16GB (2x8GB) kit
Toshiba P300 3TB hard drive
What I would like to use but don't have yet:
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
ASUS Tuff Gaming X570 Plus (WiFi)
2 x Samsung EVO Plus 500GB SSDs
XFX RX-590P8DFD6 Radeon RX 590 Fatboy 8GB OC+ PSU
I'm pretty sure I'll use the above GPU and PSU, but I have a question about the MB and SSDs that I have asked in the "storage" forum that will determine whether I use them. Look for me there to answer my question. Guess I should ask in "motherboards" too. Any other suggestion of where to ask would be appreciated.
I hunt, fish, camp, and am into black powder revolvers and rifles.
I have a 14' Lowe 1440 Jon boat with a Copperhead 18HP mud motor for getting to those hard to get to fishing holes and for just having some fun in the weeds and mud. (Look up Copperhead mud motors on YouTube to see what kind of fun.)
I'm rambling... so I'm stopping. Bye.

Reactions: Rogue Leader