Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 6, 2019
Hello am jjryr64
Learn how to build computers from my father ever since then about 5 years ago I have continued to build them built 4 machines with an AMD FX8350 chip last one was over clocked to 4.7 GHz
Now I'm running an
Intel I7 7700 kaby lake On
Asus Maximus IX hero with Cool Master AIO 360mm cooler
Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 32g
Intel 512 m.2
2x Samsung SSD 240g
WD 1TB Mechanical drive
Asus Strix 1080GTX
Cooler Master H500M case
EVGA 850w power supply
Cooler Master ARGB Fans

hdtv45

Reputable
May 2, 2015
Full stack web developer with a love of beating personal bests. Prototyped 20 new product features per year for Hitlz Transco Ltd. Cut costs by 18% and lowered rework by 23%. One of my sites received a 2017 Webby for Navigation.

Jan 10, 2019
Little known fact, I help run the worlds largest Banded Weasel retreat in FL. Oh ya, and in the early 90s I dated Dot from Animaniacs.

Hey J
I need help . Where do I go to install a new processor.
personal info removed.

jnicklas

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019
Hi All, My name is John, I live in the US. I am over 70 and have been building my own PC for about 35 years. I have been lurking on Tom’s for several years and decided I need to ask for advise4.

D

Deleted member 217926

Hi there. This is a basic introduction thread. You should head over to the Systems section of the forum and make a new thread to ask questions. :)

From this link: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31.html

Just hit the big Ask The Community button at the top of the page.

Jan 14, 2019
Hi, long time lurker, finally signed up to post on a thread.

Tom's HW has come up in my Google searches countless times to resolve IT issues or answer my queries. Thanks to all here for making this place what it is!

Jan 14, 2019
Hello everyone I'm new to the group waited to get old to start playing with computers and overclocking. It's fun and scary at the same time

Jan 16, 2019
Hello all! I love you all so much. Seriously. Over the past few months this community has saved me time, money and generally boosted my skills and knowledge. So thank you all for that. Hopefully I will be able to solve a problem for someone else one day.

Jan 16, 2019
Hi - I'm Eileen and at 73 am still working in UK for the NHS as a medical secretary. I use my home Dell QuadCore 64bit on Windows 7 most evenings to do absolutely everything online. When something goes wrong at work I just call IT Support but at home here I often come onto Tom's Hardware and figure things out from here. After all the helpful suggestions on your forum I've finally found a little something to offer back!

Jan 13, 2019
Love the info - dislike the site demands on me pea-pickin worn out brain LOL. I now call myself TheComputerWidowMaker, for a reason - 3 so far this year (with Major help to accomplish that from DELL, HP, and ESPECIALLY microsoft Win10 call and chat techs - not one of the over 40 in 2018 could read, listen, or transfer info for the next tech! Also, one local tech who could not perform those simple tasks either. I am NOT an IT person.............I can only study and Do....................so here I am searching and studying.

My 4th, about one month from death.................microsfot this time, and an old Win7 System. I detest Proprietary conglomeratory "things" LOL So am building my own system this time, for the second time in my life only.............Info is my creed I guess ;)

When microsoft Forced millennium on us I purchased SEVEN, and took each one back within 3 to 6 hours with travel time......then built my BEST EVER - stolen by an ex Major Electronics stereo chain.......................urgh and Oh Well LOL

Peace out folks - He is safe..........he thinks...........Laugh, for the other choice is idiocy!

Jan 16, 2019
Thanks for your welcome!
As a 73 year old I still consider myself as computer-literate and feel up to date with most things computer-wise. I have been learning through my work and home PC for 20 years, so must have gained some knowledge and don't consider myself "pea-brained", as I am constantly curious and try to solve any IT probs myself mostly, but in extremis like to turn to Tom's Hardware as it's a mine of information.

Meluno

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
Greetings everybody. :)

My Name's Meluno and am 35 years young ;). I like to help out people in the best way I can. I builted my own PC and I normally never use Forums for help about issues, but I see alot of posted issues and I see that people help alot here aswell. I will start to use this page which I am glad to know and will enjoy all the help I could provide. I also know that i will learn alot of things here :D.

Oh and by the way, good job Tom's Hardware team! ;D

Best Regards

Meluno

nmicahw

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Not sure if this is how to do this, but here it is.
I'm Nathan, Audiophile, web designer and aspiring full stack dev. Game addict. Pixel whore. As of 1/20/2019 never seen a game running over 60hz. So I'm building a PC, or trying to... Intel or Ryzen?

I have found the information regarding what to do if everything doesn't "just work" lacking. I've spent enough time in this forum looking at other people's issues with my keywords in them to know my answer is probably not here yet, so hear I go...

hanotaink

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
Hey everyone! Very happy to join this community. I've been into PC gaming practically all of my life, all my computers were usually built by my dad so I was interesting in learning more about building computers myself after upgrading recently.

Jan 22, 2019
what is up fellow gangsters, i've done my fair share of lurking around here and now i'm at the point where blindly fumbling my way through building my frankenstein's monster no longer accomplishes much and now i've come for some more direct help

Jan 22, 2019
hi all
this is Taha , IT Graduated student , I work online as freelancer and i have some website that I work on to generate some income

I love to know all about tech

Jan 25, 2019
Hey hey kids!

New here. Have browsed the forums for a while. Decided to make an account because I need some advice/help from others regarding computer stuff. Also hope to learn a bit more about certain things related to old computer parts and eventually building up my own device.

Do a bit of web design junk. Big fan of music and movies. Go to a few music festivals each year.

Not exactly sure where is the appropriate place to start a new thread asking about what old hardware I still have is worth keeping or worth selling (or even worth tossing/recycling). Any help in that department would be appreciated. Going to dig around and start posting.