Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gammonGo

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
A big, huge, heaping, massive, gargantuan, air-water-nitrogen cooled, overclocked and pristinely cable-managed welcome to Tom’s Hardware!

We're incredibly glad to have you with us, and we hope you'll enjoy your visit to the largest hardware community for tech support questions and answers, product recommendations, and tutorials! To help get us all better acquainted with one another, I've set up this introductions thread so that we can get to know each other a bit more. :)

If you've just registered on the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a quick thing or two about you. If you've been with us as a long-time veteran of Tom’s Hardware (or its sister site, Tom’s Guide), we'd also encourage you to re-up on your intro for those who might be lurking about.

To start, I'm jpishgar, Community Director here at Tom's. I've been a community goober in game development and tech communities for well over a decade and a half. Like many of our experts here, I learned how to build my own PC in order to play the latest games and squeeze every last drop of power from my rig.

Little Known Fact About Me: I can flawlessly sing "Nations of the World" by Yakko from Animaniacs. Try me.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, and do toss in a little known fact about you! :)

-JP

Hi, all.

I'm Jeff. Apparently I joined this forum a long time ago, but only now getting around to using it.

Many years ago I dabbled a very little bit in the inside of computers. But I got tired of my systems always slowing down and being unusable after a few months and I always wanted to try to learn to build them myself. So I bought all the parts and am now trying to figure it out on my own. Thus, my new participation.

I know all the parts I bought work together because the person at the Build-your-own bar picked them out for me. I'm going to list them here for my own reference:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • Board: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
  • PS: PowerSpec PS 650BSM
  • SSD: Inland Pro 2.5" SATA III 6Gb/s (512 GB)
  • HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" Internal (2 TB)
  • Video: PowerCooler Radeon Rx 570 (however, I'm on my way to return it now, buy a DVI to VGA cord, use the motherboard's video).
  • Case: NZXTH 510
  • Windows 10 Home
I already have the cpu on the motherboard and motherboard in the case. I have the SSD and HDD and powersupply in the case. I have the power supply plugged in (both 24-pin and the 6+2-pin). I've plugged three cables from the case's front panel into the F_PANEL, F_USB30 and F_AUDIO on the board. There is a fourth cable from the front panel and I haven't figured out yet how to plug in the fans.

Unfortunately, I put the SSD in the wrong slot, so it's too far from the HDD to use the same cable. I may remove the motherboard (now that I know how to do it) and move the SSD closer to reduce cables. I also made what must be a beginner mistake installing the CPU's cooling fan on the board before mounting the board in the case. The fan got in the way of plugging in the 6+2 power connector, so I had to remove a different fan to plug that in.

Dec 14, 2019
Hi, I'm noobody (pun intented),
I recently needed help with a PSU. Tom's community answered my call and helped me make up my mind by providing tons of relevant informations (and headaches).
I created an account only a few days ago but been regularly consulting this site through the years for various infos.
So I guess I'm just grateful for this kind of site to exist. Thanks to Phaaze88 and a few others (they know who they are) who found time for a complete stranger and his stupid questions in the wrong threads :guilty.
People may not participate but they read you (just like me). Watch your language and your facts and long live independent minds.
Best.

P.S.: still not sure I'm in the right place :/ just move it as you see fit, thanks.

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
new threads are unavailable? trying to post over in the graphics card section, but says some kind of server error. been saying it all day. anyone know anything?

Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
new threads are unavailable? trying to post over in the graphics card section, but says some kind of server error. been saying it all day. anyone know anything?

Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Please try again, I was just able to make a thread there. Please clear your history/cookies first.

Sep 15, 2020
Hi everyone. I've always been a silent follower of this forum. Finally it's time to join this community! I just love computers. I'll be around!

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
hello greetings from Argentina. ive have some knowlege on computer build but nothing compared whit stuff in this forum.
im here cause i need all the help i can get and if i can do my share whit someting ill be glad to help.

Nov 20, 2020
Hello. Long time reader, wanted to finally comment on a review, but I can't! Do I need a 1st post here or something?

Nov 21, 2020
Good Morning.

I've been consulting Tom's Hardware Forum for years for my problems with hardware and software. Now I have a problem that I cannot solve with the information I have found.

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Greetings community:)

My name is Frindis. I'm joining because I want to learn more about software and hardware components and maybe also be able to help other people in the future. I have visited this site on a couple of occasions when I needed some help myself. A few things about me:

I'm from Norway and I love gaming and talking about games. I love the majority of genres and I do try to mix them around. Right now I am playing a lot of Warzone and it is a fun game to play solo or with other players, if you manage to get a solid team running. Other than that I love movies, series and I am a TNG and Farscape fan. A little known fact about me is that I have played as a superhero, with spandex, pyrotechnics, and the whole shabang.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020
Hi! I'm Alex. I live in Ohio, USA.
I have probably a high-novice level of knowledge about PC hardware and am learning more every day. I've been reading Tom's Hardware and the forums here for years. I finally joined because I've finally decided to build my own PC (something I've wanted to do for at least a decade). Happy to be here. Hope to be able to contribute to the community in meaningful ways.