Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum even tho I used it couple times to troubleshoot some stuff regarding hardware and pc ! Hope to talk to you guys soon ! best

Dec 18, 2020
hello, i'm kiera, i know practically nothing about computers but my family won't help me figure out ways to fix my dell inspiron 530 so i thought this might be a good place to ask about computer stuff. im a student, i mainly use my computer for art, and i'll probably be funding all my maintenance with money from commissions. they'll have to pry my computer from my cold dead hands

Mrpockets151

Reputable
Jan 1, 2021
Hello forum. I believe I may have an old account here from 2007 or 2008 LOL . Anyway I've been out of the building scene since about this last February.

My last system (which still runs) was a EE2200 Intel desktop. With so many HDD , 2 disc drives- man it's considered 'old school'. I even had my old XBOX drive in there for Xbox modding. And I mean starting with the Original Xbox jTag. That machine was the best to play around on.

I did pass all my PC Repair and Maintence classes with A's in college - back in oh 2004ish. So much has changed!

The new bios menus are so damn nice now ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I know this forum is awesome as I have lurked for EVER... My main post is this Understanding a budget build in 2020 . I hope I can get my work done though first. I can easily get so distracted reading all the great info here.

XMP this..... 'is my RAM running at it's full potential" that.....

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021
Howdy folks,

Mike here, long time listener first time caller.

Been a fan of Tom's for years upon years. For the first time, I've got a computer hiccup not already addressed! Signing up to post my question, but I'm reading the rules first like a good internet turkey.

Glad to be signed up

Jan 28, 2021
www.youtube.com
Hi, I'm Jami. I'm Russian/Ukrainian, and I'm a wedding photographer. I'm 24 and genderfluid. I live in Canada and I moved here when I was 19. It's been a great time here, I got married and my baby was recently born.

I got this website recommended from another forum, I don't really know much about computers and tools but I like the other sections.

Jan 29, 2021
Hi,
I'm Jorge, better known as "Georges" yes, with an S at the end because I'm in France now....
I've been using and assembling computers as far as I can remember, and I have found many useful information on Tom's-hw over the time... and now I'm joining.
During college I was the one repairing all my friend's computers, nowadays I like to recover old unsuded computers, and overhaul them to give them away (3 so far) or to use them in different projects.

Feb 10, 2021
Hi, Ro3bert here (the 3 is silent). Long time computer user, my first was a Tandy something or other, two 8" floppy slots (empty), whopping 4k memory, no apps available, storage on tape.

Had to learn whatever basic came with the computer if I wanted to do anything with it. Learned a little Fortran in college so that helped.

Now I have a desktop, three laptops, a Sansung tablet (using it right now), Amazon Fire tablet and a Samsung smart phone.

I'm retired, (what do you expect of an 87yo). My interests are to varied to mention here but mostly involve science though there many more

I use all the above except the Lenovo (spel?) But only because I've forgotten the password.

My HP Pavalion DV8000 will be connected to a microscope used in my itsy bitsy teeny weeny (some of you are going to think "little yellow polka dot bikini"):mdr: but actually it is a machine shop.

Welcome to Tom's from a mere kid of 74 and who bought a Tandy something or other way back in 1985.

We can't help with password issues but you could remove the hard disk to retrieve your files by using a USB cable to connect to another PC..

Colif

Win 11 Master
or just do this
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

although probably faster via usb cable.

I had a Tandy color in the 1980's :)

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
Hi everyone. I'm kinda new to pc games, having spent many years on console. I built my first pc about a year ago to get a better undertanding on how computers work. Currently, I'm working on my second build and decided to make an account here after a year of lurking.

Feb 22, 2021
A big, huge, heaping, massive, gargantuan, air-water-nitrogen cooled, overclocked and pristinely cable-managed welcome to Tom’s Hardware!

We're incredibly glad to have you with us, and we hope you'll enjoy your visit to the largest hardware community for tech support questions and answers, product recommendations, and tutorials! To help get us all better acquainted with one another, I've set up this introductions thread so that we can get to know each other a bit more. :)

If you've just registered on the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a quick thing or two about you. If you've been with us as a long-time veteran of Tom’s Hardware (or its sister site, Tom’s Guide), we'd also encourage you to re-up on your intro for those who might be lurking about.

To start, I'm jpishgar, Community Director here at Tom's. I've been a community goober in game development and tech communities for well over a decade and a half. Like many of our experts here, I learned how to build my own PC in order to play the latest games and squeeze every last drop of power from my rig.

Little Known Fact About Me: I can flawlessly sing "Nations of the World" by Yakko from Animaniacs. Try me.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, and do toss in a little known fact about you! :)

-JP

Hi! Im Cliff, thanks for having me!

Apr 14, 2021
Hello!
I've been a lurker for many years as this site seems to have the answer to any question I've ever had, plus some answers that I didn't know I needed at the time of reading :) I decided I needed to come out of the darkness and into the light by registering, so here I am!

As for telling something about myself, we'll start with the fact that I have 2 adult children and 6 beautiful grandkids that I love to the ends of the universe and back. I can also play a mean pair of spoons :)

May 4, 2022
Hello. I go by my usual moniker online, or just Hollow, primarily throughout most forums.

I'm a Digital Artist (2D primarily, with bits of 3D and Animation) by trade, and having a optimally working computer is paramount to that. I also use my computer for playing various games. Which I've been doing most of my life.

Despite all that. I am not very tech savvy and I tend to run into unusual problems that are outside of my experience to solve. So I figured after following the advice of various posts here, and seeing this forum crop up an awful lot in my searches. To join to hopefully find the knowledge I seek and maybe get a little more savvy in the process.