[SOLVED] Western digital my book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2022
I had a western digital external my book 3tb drive… I haven’t used it in years. And when I did it was with windows Xp.. Just bout a new computer with windows 11.. I lost my usb cable to run it, so I took the heat and installed it in the new computer ( it’s a sata hd ) but windows says there is nothing on it.. under disk management it sees the had but I dont have permission to use it, seeing it was pass worded years ago. Is there anyway to access this hd ? All my pics and music is on it and I want to get them .

any help would be great appricated

I had a western digital external my book 3tb drive… I haven’t used it in years. And when I did it was with windows Xp.. Just bout a new computer with windows 11.. I lost my usb cable to run it, so I took the heat and installed it in the new computer ( it’s a sata hd ) but windows says there is nothing on it.. under disk management it sees the had but I dont have permission to use it, seeing it was pass worded years ago. Is there anyway to access this hd ? All my pics and music is on it and I want to get them .

any help would be great appricated
Buy a usb cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.