Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy Davison

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
Hello people!

Sadly my water bottle leaked all over my Samsung Galaxy book a few weeks ago. As soon as it happened I went straight home and took the back panel off, took out the battery, unscrewed the main board. I put the laptop on its side, on a towel with a PC fan blowing on the internals for 24hrs.

When I reassembled the laptop it worked flawlessly for exactly a week. I used it in the morning and then took it to university and when I got there it wouldn't turn on. When I pressed the power button the blue light on the side would flash and the keyboard would glow up briefly.

When I came home I tried reinstalling the battery cable which didn't work. Additionally, I tried to connect the charger with the battery unplugged with no luck. It goes without saying I have tried different chargers.

I sent it off to Samsung who said it would cost £750 to fix, which I can't afford.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things I could try?

I have attached a video of what happened when I connected the charger without the battery connected.

Some help would be very much appreciated!! If all else fails I'll see if anywhere else can fix it cheaper, any recommendations in the UK for repair shops would also be appreciated.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS