WG6100 color xy vector monitor with a few missing phosphors

James

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I purchased a WG6100 (from a tempest) that I am repairing and am seeing that
it has a couple of missing phospors in the center. From looking around it
appears this may have been a failure of the spot killer circuit.

In one post I read that even this pinhole may cause the crt to leak
dangerous xrays.

Can someone set me straight on how bad of a situation I am looking at here?

Thanks

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Nearly all 6100's have this issue. Unless your Xray cutoff circuit is bad,
your tube will not leak dangerous Xrays.

-Jack

"James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I purchased a WG6100 (from a tempest) that I am repairing and am seeing
that
> it has a couple of missing phospors in the center. From looking around it
> appears this may have been a failure of the spot killer circuit.
>
> In one post I read that even this pinhole may cause the crt to leak
> dangerous xrays.
>
> Can someone set me straight on how bad of a situation I am looking at
here?

> Thanks

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

The phosphors dont block the X-Rays, the leaded glass in the front does.

--
Art