WGL pack errors

Hi,

installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on), and
the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I get a
"Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb, with the
latest catalyst drivers.

Thanks,
Ries

"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
> installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on), and
> the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I get a
> "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb, with the
> latest catalyst drivers.

when I startup the game without the wargames shortcut it works fine btw.

Ries

The default shortcut created has some problems. Open it and make sure that
in the target field you put something like ; D:\Program
Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -
mod=wgl

Especialy the -nomap switch is important and missed out during the normal
installation of WGL. The -nosplash disables the default OFP splash screen so
OFP loads quicker.
"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on), and
> the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I get a
> "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb, with the
> latest catalyst drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Ries

"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky
on), and
> the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I
get a
> "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb,
with the
> latest catalyst drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Ries

Yep, I get this if I bung too many add-ons into one folder. Check out
the Avon lady's FAQ {Google will provide} and look up 'mod folders'.
You'll be fine, it's not WGL.
Good luck.

TJ

Yup, they missed off the -nomap switch, vital for todays gfx cards

"F1yer<TZW>" <f1yer@sjijthausen.de> wrote in message
> The default shortcut created has some problems. Open it and make sure that
> in the target field you put something like ; D:\Program

Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -
> mod=wgl
>
> Especialy the -nomap switch is important and missed out during the normal
> installation of WGL. The -nosplash disables the default OFP splash screen
so
> OFP loads quicker.
> "Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on),
and
> > the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I get a
> > "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb, with
the
> > latest catalyst drivers.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ries

Direct from one of the creators of the WGL: -nomap should fix that

Hope that helps, if not let me know and I will ask him more

"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in news:c6tk48$h9r$1@news.cistron.nl:

> Hi,
>
> installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on),
> and the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I
> get a "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb,
> with the latest catalyst drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Ries

Hi all,

thanks! for all the advice, it's running great at the moment. And yeah the
new highres sky looks lovely.

Ries