Question What’s the white connector on Cooler Master H500P Mesh RGB?

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
The case has a cable, or two cables connected together, from the two large front fans. I plugged it into the fan header on the mobo, but there is a white connector attached to this cable which seems to fit nowhere on the mobo. Is it for the rgb? Does it serve any necessary function? Can I ignore it since I’m not using rgb anyway? It’s the only white connector on this case, so I’m hoping that other owners of the case can please explain its purpose.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the motherboard you're working with? Looking through the manual for the case, it's perhaps the ARGB controller's cable. If you don't connect it the only thing you're missing is the lights. Outside of that if you plugged in the fans using the 3 pin connector/splitter, then you should be good to go.

Can you please pass on an image of what you're seeing to help better understand the connector/cable you're referring to and that we're not mixing things up?

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
There are 3 pins inside a white box. It looks like it can fit a fan cable, the type which connects to the mobo. On one side of the box there are two cuts. All four sides of the box have almost the same size.