[SOLVED] What 3080 TI GPU to buy?

Dec 20, 2021
Hi, so i am about to get a new 3080 TI but man what kinda do i buy?

I have an Lian Li Mini case
The one i am thinking about is GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 Ti AORUS Master. Any throughts on it ?

why are there so many different types of 3080 ti? and what makes the other better than the other'
Thanks <3

Solution
There are several lian li mini cases.
dynamic and air versions at least.
What is the exact model you have?

3080ti will be a great card if you can find one, and if you are willing to pay the price.
The basic chip will all be the same and comes from nvidia.
Better binned chips will be used in factory overclocked versions that will sell for more.
Various card makers will have their own cooling solutions which will be appropriate for the card.
They will differ in looks which is what seems to sell cards.
You will probably get fair value from most of the overclocked cards, but I would avoid the very highest overclocks.
As to brands, check out support.
I have always liked the EVGA cards and support.
Those are custom AIB cards. There are different Models/SKUs in the market because each GPU Model has a slightly different feature, and they all differ in terms of cost and features, like better cooling for the PCB, build quality of the GPU/components, factory overclocking, slot width, among few other things .

First, you need to measure the exact dimensions of your ATX cabinet. Most of these high-end GPUs are quite bulky/lengthy, so you need to buy that particular model which will easily fit inside your ATX cabinet, unless you also upgrade the MINI cabinet as well. Which GPU are you currently using ?

Buy that card which best suits your budget, and is not overly inflated in price as well (given the current GPU/semiconductor market trend). Check the full list of custom AIB cards over here. Here you can also check the card's exact dimension, and other features.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3080-ti.c3735

That particular GPU model from GIGABYTE is almost 12.6 inches long !! :openmouth: v 😎

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-aorus-rtx-3080-ti-master.b8846

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Fowler
Dec 20, 2021
Haha, yep its kinda long ;)
Anyway... what's your opinion on that gpu i just mentioned?

Also, i may be a moron but would that fit into a Lian li mini? I dont know where on earth to look :D

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
Build quality wise, Gigabyte about right there with the rest of the pack and its cooling solutions are generally amongst the better out there. Traditionally they use 3 windforce on xx70 + cards. Hence the lenght. Something to take in consideration with their aorus line; those cards are VERY thick, on paper they cover 2 slots, but the whole fan assembly sticks down well beyond second slot border, covering 3rd slot area almost entirely. On the plus side, their cooling solution are pretty quiet if you got a case with decent enough airflow to support it.

In summary, you could do a LOT worse than that gigabyte card ( personally i haven't had one fail on me yet, can't say the same about msi or asus).
Moreover, with the current draught on the market, if you can get your hand on one at the reasonable price, don't hesitate and buy it. Those current gen RTX cards are as rare as unicorns, and chances of the situation changing this year are slim to none.

Dec 20, 2021
Build quality wise, Gigabyte about right there with the rest of the pack and its cooling solutions are generally amongst the better out there. Traditionally they use 3 windforce on xx70 + cards. Hence the lenght. Something to take in consideration with their aorus line; those cards are VERY thick, on paper they cover 2 slots, but the whole fan assembly sticks down well beyond second slot border, covering 3rd slot area almost entirely. On the plus side, their cooling solution are pretty quiet if you got a case with decent enough airflow to support it.

In summary, you could do a LOT worse than that gigabyte card ( personally i haven't had one fail on me yet, can't say the same about msi or asus).
Moreover, with the current draught on the market, if you can get your hand on one at the reasonable price, don't hesitate and buy it. Those current gen RTX cards are as rare as unicorns, and chances of the situation changing this year are slim to none.
Just what i needed to hear. Thanks a lot buddy! <3

Hi, so i am about to get a new 3080 TI but man what kinda do i buy?

I have an Lian Li Mini case
The one i am thinking about is GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 Ti AORUS Master. Any throughts on it ?

why are there so many different types of 3080 ti? and what makes the other better than the other'
Thanks <3
There aren't different types, they are just different brands. Anyone got any recommendations on which ones have the lowest VRAM temps?

3080ti will be a great card if you can find one, and if you are willing to pay the price.
Better binned chips will be used in factory overclocked versions that will sell for more.
Various card makers will have their own cooling solutions which will be appropriate for the card.
You will probably get fair value from most of the overclocked cards, but I would avoid the very highest overclocks.

Solution
Dec 20, 2021

Thanks for your feedback, my case is an "lian li o11 dynamic mini"