• Case : Gamemax Stratos ARGB H609
  • PSU : Deepcool 600W
  • Mother Board : MSI 550M PRO
  • CPU : Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G 4.20 Ghz Turbo
  • RAM : 16GB (2x8) 3200mhz Crucial Ballitic
  • SSD : Western Digital 500 GB M.2
  • Cooling : Deep Cool Gammax
I have this Motherboard MSI B550M PRO
I would to know if this Motherboard is good for a future update, if it is pretty good for gaming and if will be able to read next Ryzen CPUs ?
Thank you all

Solution
That board has a fairly weak VRM; very weak actually for a B550 as it doesn't even have a heatsink on the FET's. Your CPU's already a 6 core/12 thread and probably about as much as it can handle even though it's a locked processor.

I don't think anything more than a 5600xt would be very wise and any overclocking would be limited.
That board has a fairly weak VRM; very weak actually for a B550 as it doesn't even have a heatsink on the FET's. Your CPU's already a 6 core/12 thread and probably about as much as it can handle even though it's a locked processor.

I don't think anything more than a 5600xt would be very wise and any overclocking would be limited.

Reactions: Mr.LaMaH
Solution

Mr.LaMaH

Prominent
May 9, 2021
Thank you so much for your reply. What does VRM exactly do on a Motherboard? I tought that B550 was better than B450.. Anyway i will have problems with gaming now?

Thank you so much for your reply. What does VRM exactly do on a Motherboard? I tought that B550 was better than B450.. Anyway i will have problems with gaming now?
The VRM is the circuitry on the motherboard that provides power for the CPU. As a whole, B550 boards actually are better than B450 for VRM robustness but that one isn't typical of B550.

You probably won't have any problems with gaming, though, especially with that processor. It's a 'PRO' processor and locked.

Reactions: Mr.LaMaH