[SOLVED] What are some good cheap unregulated PSUs?

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015
I just discovered, in this post: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-wattage-for-this-build.3657493/#post-22034218 , that there exist group regulated and unregulated PSUs, and i read that unregulated are better. To find out if a PSU is unregulated i need to look at the internals, but how can i look at the internals without owning PSU? So my question is, what are some good cheap unregulated PSUs? I need one with around 500W, what do you guys recommend?

Solution

With current PSU pricing you will not find a cheap good quality unit, and getting a cheap lower quality one will just risk all your other components. Current pricing and availability is pretty limiting but the only option is to spend less and cross your fingers...

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015
Not quite. Unregulated isn't the thing to look for. DC-DC is what you want.

You can find out what a psu is by reading a review. Are you in the usa? What is the max budget?
Oh i didn't know it, thanks! I dont want to spend more than 65 euros, 65 is pretty expensive already but if i have to...

Last edited:

4745454b

Titan
EU. Not my strong suit. Bequiet is probably what you want. I think the purepower 10 series is good. 9 might be as will. What is in your system?

Edit: Sigh. I didn't know you opened a second thread on your psu question. You really should stay with one thread per problem. Now you are just copying the same info into multiple threads. Just use the other thread. You were getting help there. And in the future just open one thread per problem.

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015
EU. Not my strong suit. Bequiet is probably what you want. I think the purepower 10 series is good. 9 might be as will. What is in your system?

Edit: Sigh. I didn't know you opened a second thread on your psu question. You really should stay with one thread per problem. Now you are just copying the same info into multiple threads. Just use the other thread. You were getting help there. And in the future just open one thread per problem.

After all day researching... i guess i'll go with the CX550M for 77 euros.. very expensive but if its worth it i'll get it. My only doubt is, is this better: https://www.amazon.it/Corsair-CX550...76:490210031&rnid=490203031&rps=1&s=pc&sr=1-1 ?

With current PSU pricing you will not find a cheap good quality unit, and getting a cheap lower quality one will just risk all your other components. Current pricing and availability is pretty limiting but the only option is to spend less and cross your fingers hoping the system does not turn into a sparkly light show or make your video card do funny things before it dies.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS