[SOLVED] What Asus B550 version do I need for Ryzen 7 5700G?

mohsenz200

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
Hi guys.
I've bought an Asus prime b550-plus motherboard recently and I'm planning to buy a Ryzen 7 5700G CPU.
The motherboard factory bios version is 1004 and I know that it's the minimum version for b550 chipsets to be compatible with Ryzen 5000 series.
But I'm not sure which version do I need for Ryzen 5000G APUs? Is it the same or I need newer bios versions?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi guys.
I've bought an Asus prime b550-plus motherboard recently and I'm planning to buy a Ryzen 7 5700G CPU.
The motherboard factory bios version is 1004 and I know that it's the minimum version for b550 chipsets to be compatible with Ryzen 5000 series.
But I'm not sure which version do I need for Ryzen 5000G APUs? Is it the same or I need newer bios versions?
Thanks in advance.
The manufacturer has that info -- https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-B550-PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/
Version 1401 or newer.
That version isn't even shown on the downloads page so I have to guess at the release date, but there is a 1601 version that was released a year ago. So the required BIOS has been available...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi guys.
Thanks in advance.
The manufacturer has that info -- https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-B550-PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/
Version 1401 or newer.
That version isn't even shown on the downloads page so I have to guess at the release date, but there is a 1601 version that was released a year ago. So the required BIOS has been available for over a year.

Reactions: mohsenz200
Solution