[SOLVED] What can be the cause of my Bluescreens?

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
So recently my pc has been crashing with BSoD's and the typical sound looping.
I can run high demanding games at max graphics with no problem at all but when doing things like watching Youtube or attending Online-Class i get bluescreens.
Most of them are caused by the driver: "ntoskrnl.exe" which (when i already was troubeleshooting) doesnt narrow it down a lot.
Most bug check strings / codes are:
  • KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDELED
  • KERNEL_SECURETY_CHECK_FAILURE
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION i used driver verifier here but didnt get much of it)
My PC's Specs are:
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • Rx 5700 XT
  • Gigabyte B450M Ds3h
  • Coolermaster MWE 750W 230V
  • San Disk 480GB SSD
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • 2x G.Skill Aegis 8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Ram
Temps are good and all Drivers are up to date.
Does anybody know why this might happen?

And by the way if anybody wants to see Minidump files should i upload them with mediafire since i cant find an option to attach files here.

EDIT:
Here is a link for downloading minidumps, which i will update constantly once a new BSoD has occured.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wirr6uv2db28q/Minidump

Last edited:
Solution
did you run ddu and reinstall drivers as the Kmode Exception error could be GPU drivers again. Are the BSOD happening during or just after playing that game?

did you update the RGB software?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

• copy that file to documents
  • upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
I just wanted to say that i recently got a new type of error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT im getting a feeling that its something with my ram but im not sure so im still open to help.

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
I think i have one more and will sent them after MemTest89 has finished.
I scanned for maleware but (luckely) nothing was found.
Also i ran scf /scannow and it found some corrupt files and repaired them but im not sure if it has fixes my issuse.
But ill try to relay any further information / progress to this thread.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/txcjdrq0/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:010721-10468-01.dmp (Jan 7 2021 - 08:15:03)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: AMDRSServ.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

File information:010621-16890-01.dmp (Jan 6 2021 - 06:51:26)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: AMDRSServ.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 45 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:010621-12718-01.dmp (Jan 6 2021 - 17:32:43)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:010621-12625-01.dmp (Jan 6 2021 - 17:28:34)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:010421-21937-01.dmp (Jan 4 2021 - 08:20:56)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ene.sys
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10
There is a BIOS update available for your system. It's unlikely to help as it just adds support for newer processors. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, driver verifier sees ene.sys (which is part of Gigabyte RGB software as a problem), maybe uninstall it.

crash 3 could be GPU drivers but only as windows Desktop Manager crashed and its main job is as a bridge between windows and GPU drivers
Try running DDU and reinstall the AMD drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/
i am not convinced though, the last 2 errors are strange

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/h0fe136m/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:010621-12718-01.dmp (Jan 6 2021 - 17:32:43)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:010621-12625-01.dmp (Jan 6 2021 - 17:28:34)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
NOTE: I just wanted to note that (in the original post) i made a link for minidumps which i will of now constantly update and also try to include big dumps (MEMORY.DMP).
EDIT: (bc. i think a new reply for this seems a bit too much) When playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky sometimes my Gpu drivers crash/timeout but not resulting in a BSoD but just a restart of the drivers. But its only S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky which is known for its bugs and crashes but maby that will help idk.

Last edited:

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
did you run ddu and reinstall drivers as the Kmode Exception error could be GPU drivers again. Are the BSOD happening during or just after playing that game?

did you update the RGB software?
I when playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky i sometimes get a BSoD but mostly i also have stuff runnig in the background. What i meant is that ONLY when i play S.T.A.L.K.E.R it crashes or my display drivers timeout (aka screen goes black for a few seconds and then a message from Amd Adrenaline (GPU software) pops up that my driver has timed out. The game is still running because i still hear sounds when like drawing a weapon. Only the game is black everything else on the Pc will work just fine.)

Also i ran DDU and reinstalled the recommended driver via AMD's Adrenaline software. (Adrenaline Installer also offers a feature to uninstall previous drivers prior to installation which i also used)

I also updated my RGB software. (Gigabyte RGB Fusion)

If these fixes dont work im considering to reinstall Windows (Already made a backup) and wanted to ask if this might fix it or if it wont (aka in case the problem unveils to be hardware related) and if it is reccomended to backup and format my HDD too?
(System installed ONLY on SSD not running a raid configuration)

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
Ok we have PROGRESS.
So over the last couple days i didnt see a single blue screen, but had 3 crashes / hardrestarts.
Idk if thats really better than the BSoD's but at least it is way less frequent.
Funny thing is prior (like 10 sec) to these hard restarts the pc lagged up a bit (aka CMD didt work anymore and co).
Does anybody have an idea if this might be a side effect of a fix i tried?

Colif

Win 11 Master
bsod are slightly better in that you may get a dump that might show what cause was.
Crashes/freezes with no BSOD can tell you its not windows that is causing it but hardware instead

are you doing anything specific when it crashes? playing stalker...

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

have you tried running something like Heaven benchmark to see if you crash if PC is under load doing something else?

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
Ok so after a while now my pc is perfectly fine. Like even the crashes disapeared.
But i dont know why those crashes just stopped. So sorry to everyone reading this while troubleshooting their own problem.

Reactions: Colif