What causes this lag on my computer?

zkalle

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Hello, my computer has always been lagging but recently it has just gotten waaaaaay worse, which is really annoying since i like to play competitive games.
What causes this? Could it be my Harddrive? Ram?:)
i'm running i5 8600k CPU
1050 TI GPU
Z370 motherboard
a 2tb harddrive 7200rpm
8gb ram
500watt powersupply

What should i change to fix it? :-D
Everything is new on the computer except harddrive and powersupply

That "lag" i experience can be seen here: https://plays.tv/video/5a6e225223c471852a/hvad-er-det-her-for-noget-lorte-lag-?from=user

zkalle

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Those 2 things are from a Acer Aspire computer from 5-6 years ago. And yes i have done 2 clean installs of windows on it. It used to be windows 7 on it, upgraded to windows 8 once and then did clean install of windows 10 after the "free windows 10" upgrade was done :D

SundownEditing

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
That looks painful to play with, I'm not sure how you manage to play competitive with it...
Anyways, initially I have a feeling this is from your internet connection, does this occur with both online and offline gameplay or do you have a high ping? If not it most likely is a windows problem, so you may have to try to reinstall windows to see if that improves anything. I highly doubt this has anything to do with your components, ESPECIALLY since you said that almost all of them were new.

I would test your connection to check for high ping, then try reinstalling windows. Let me know how it goes or what you decide on doing! :)