• INTEL - INTEL(graphics)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • AMD - INTEL(graphics)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

wathman

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
I've used most of those combinations in the past... it really depends on what type of system I'm building, and what street prices are at the time of build.

I don't have any brand preference. I just buy whatever offers the best price/performance at the time of my build. Right now I would say that's AMD/ATI in the low to mid-range segment and Intel/Nvidia in the high-end segment. That could change in the next few weeks, though.

Most of my recent builds have been AMD/ATI. AMD for budget, and ATI for price/performance and performance/watt. The latter may change with the low power 9600GT and 9800GT; I'm really looking forward to finding out where they fall on the performance scale.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm currently running the first four. The fifth would be my old laptop. Never ran the 6th because I don't use integrated graphics for anthing (save for the previously mentioned laptop).

-Wolf sends

Id buy the best value for money at the performance level I want .

When Athlon was top of the pile then I built with athlon
when c2d was top of the pile I built with c2d

today if I was building I'd wait a couple of weeks to see if intel delivers .

AMD are cheaper now for the performance

In the U.S.

Things are very different elsewhere. In Saudi Arabia, Coolmax passes for an above average PSU brand. Upper end video cards are 60% more expensive. Motherboards are at least 30% more expensive. Upper end Core2 and AMD CPU's are not available.

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I've always done AMD CPU's because of the cost for performance. No doubt Intel has the leading chip, but i'm not spending that much on a CPU.

For graphics i've always gone Nvidia because in the past (don't flame me, i said past) ATI drivers haven't been up to par. However, now that ATI is AMD, i've seen a lot of improvement and would like to try an AMD-ATI combo.