Question What component is this worrysome sound coming from and why?

Cristi_13

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2016
Hello,

I have recently made my PC, which has been left unpowered for more than a year, boot and run. However I've noticed a problem. Whenever I opened an image and zoomed in, sound in being generated (while doing the zooming proccess) and held left click and dragged the image (while dragging) sound was being generated. Same with for example if i open a video file and start dragging the timeline but the sounds are less intense than when dragging through a zoomed in image.
This is an 6 seconds audio from the sound https://vocaroo.com/152jRJnTAitK . I made a cone with a paper and put it in my ear and i cannot tell for certain if the sound's comign from the ram, h100 pump or some component around the cpu.
From second 00:01 https://vocaroo.com/152jRJnTAitK you can hear that 'pssss pssssss pssss psssss pssss' that's while i'm dragging the image while zoomed in (only pssss' while the action of draggin happens so the reason the sound was intermittent is because i was doing to from side to side so it's bound to have an instant where the image is still before changing directions).
My guess is that it has to be the ram, however, googling it tells me that the cause could be the RAM not making a good fit connection, but it is. I even booted with one stick in different slots and sabe sound is heard.

Mobo: Asus Rog Maximus Hero VII
AIO: Corsair H100
RAM: Gskill Trident CL10 2400Hhz (running at 1600, no matter the speed the sound is still there)
Gpu: none used while testing this

¿Do you have any idea of what's the issue?

Extra information: i've plugged in the gpu (970) uninstalled all nvidia stuff/drivers from controll pannel and installed latest drivers, the sound is still there however the noise is noticibly lower. ¿Any idea?

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

You might want to take a sheet of A4 paper, roll it into a cylinder and hold one end to your ear. You can use the other end to probe for the source of the noise.

Cristi_13

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2016
You might want to take a sheet of A4 paper, roll it into a cylinder and hold one end to your ear. You can use the other end to probe for the source of the noise.
I did that as i said ''I made a cone with a paper and put it in my ear and i cannot tell for certain if the sound's comign from the ram, h100 pump or some component around the cpu.''
It's definitely not the psu since the noise is in the upper part.
The pump noise variation gotta be based on the cpu temp which are stable 30Cº
It's gotta be the RAM or something around the cpu?
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
CPU cooler: Corsair H100
Motherboard: Asus Maximus hero 7
Ram: Gskill trident ddr3 2400mhz CL10
SSD/HDD: Samsung evo 840 500GB
GPU: gtx 970
PSU: Corsair AX860 860W
All bought the year they relseased so about 10y.