Question What could be causing this?

Jun 12, 2020
Just put together a new PC with a 3900X and X570 board....was loading up Modern Warfare 2019 when all of a sudden I lose internet connection. When it comes back...my download speed is about 11 MBs versus the over 100 I was getting before. Definitely seems like it could be hardware related but I wouldn't have the first clue where to look....CPU temps, while hotter then my 2600x....are still passable but maybe the mobo itself could be overheating?

Jun 12, 2020
Running a wired cable for internet atm....using the Asus Tuf gaming plus board, oddly after having the PC off for several hours I was again able to get high speed DLs....till it decided to crap out on me once again. As for drivers....downloaded everything at the Asus Website (BIOS is already latest version from what I can tell)...and am using just the router given from Verizon.

Jun 12, 2020
I did now....doesn't fix the downloading issue though....shrugs getting twice as much MBs using a USB wifi adapter. If I knew how to install that fancy dongle I'd just use that.....can't find any easily searched tutorials for it though.

What fancy dongle? The wifi antenna?

On the back of the I/O plate you'll see two round connectors, plug the antenna leads into them, they are gold colored.

Do you use Armory Crate? I've updated my drivers for Bluetooth, Wifi, Ethernet through this software without issue. Make sure the LAN drivers are up to date.

If it's a Verizon modem it may have an issue as well. You could ask for a replacement modem since you are likely paying a monthly fee for it. And if you are I would highly recommend you get a good quality router and quit paying monthly for a mediocre router. You'll save money in the long run.

Jun 12, 2020
Hmm...you think it could be the router? Kinda just paranoid I messed up somewhere with this build...or just got unlucky (did clumsily drop a small allen wrench style screw driver onto the MB a couple times while working in there) Thing is...my previous machine sitting right here never had an issue ever like this outside of when the internet here was legitimately down. Now all of a sudden I'm having my speeds throttled out of nowhere and in what I described above....a random disconnect. Well either way...the thing with the wifi antennae was extremely facepalm worthy...I simply had to enable the wifi adapter in bios lol.