What did I break? PC freeze/hangs, can't power on.

Lena__

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016
Hello!
1.Two weeks ago black screens occurred. During gaming, mainly on PvP with 100+ peopel. No bsods, no freezes. Didn't pay attention.
2. Black screens got more often, CTDs started. No bsods, no freezes. Still playable.
3. PC boots alright, but tend to freeze, every time, load or no load. No bsods, nonplayble :)
4. PC refuses to properly turn on. PSU reacts to pwr on, then clicks [strike]his heels [/strike] and turns system off asap.

Played with ram, both sticks alright, all slots alright. got a b150 mobo for the fun of it, same problems.
Kinda hope it's not psu
It clicks in general. Plus today I noticed a humming or buzzing it does, if power cable's in. Don't know if it just started

p.s. cleared some typos

Lena__

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016

No, only buing a new one.
Or maybe used one,heh.

Any chance I should blame electricity? As in psu not dying but keep pc from frying.
Expected a gold 750w be overkill for my config thus safe.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You could try another socket in the house,but don't expect the wall to psu power to be the problem.
Yes 750watts should be more than fine and the one you chose is good quality,but even within those series can you have the one that just doesn't work right.

Did you do all the other stuff to rule out like clearing cmos,looking if having the latest bios,etc? Just to be sure.

Lena__

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016
cmos clear yes, both mobos.
b150 has latest bios
z170 has just latest and pre-caby latest on switch
freeze happens on stock and with cpu&ram oc. i don't touch gpu.
gpu has bios switch​ too. both freeze too)
same for onboard graphics. though it only worked on b150

different socket did not help.